Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Pancolar 2/50 M42 and cat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: CZJ Pancolar 2/50 M42 and cat Reply with quote

I decided to dust off the Pancolar and use it...my cat model stepped up and volunteered for a few photos. Very Happy
I forgot how nice this lens is.It is a bit stiff in the focusing so I have to be careful not to unscrew it from the camera! It has the little button that you have to depress to stop down the aperture.I did bump the contrast a little,do I need to bump it a little more or less in some of these?

#3 Added this because she looked cute.

#4 I liked this one even though it has quite harsh light...I was surprised at the detail still in the shadow.

Last edited by mo on Thu May 05, 2011 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! This is usually a Star Wars style lens, is that the version you've got? The second photo is spot on, lots of pop!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham
It is this one
HERE

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Star Wars Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few more,later in the day and in the 1/2 in the shade.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos and lovely cat! She looks a bit like my Camillo (Camillo is still young).

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1st set....Puss...the mother is about 4 going on 5...very close in age to her Daughter.
The 2nd set.... Mo....She is only 3 going on 4 this November Very Happy Still young in cat years.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pics, MO!!!!

Good looking cat too. Laughing

Beauty pancolar leatherette version. The schame is differet than the F/1,8 pancolar, 6/4 I guess.

I find the rendering similar to the pentacon 1,8/50.

Congrats for the lens and the cat.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures Mo. Your cat make me think of our Maine coon cat Moe that died at 19 years old. She was born in our bathtub. The mildest most gentle cat I've ever had. We still miss her.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our cat Mo was born in the wardrobe with the kids watching...both mother and daughter have great personalities.19 years is a good age.Both cats tend to follow me when I go out with the camera. Very Happy