Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Moskva 5 - FULL ROLL (8 exp) - Delta 100 - Xtol 1:1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Moskva 5 - FULL ROLL (8 exp) - Delta 100 - Xtol 1:1 Reply with quote

So here is the test roll for my self-repaired Moskva 5: http://forum.mflenses.com/wtb-moment-24c-moskva-5-shutter-t37948.html

All were taken at 1/250th. Most at f8. Except for the posed picture on the bench which was between f4 and f5.6. I wanted to post the entire roll not because they're all good, in fact I'd argue none of them are, but that mechanically the camera is reliable and consistent.

So these are lightly PP'ed. Levels needed adjustment because I accidentally 'cooked' the roll for an extra minute. Didn't bother with dust. Some sharpening except on the bench photo. There seemed to be a really nice subject separation on that picture already, almost like a halo type effect, so I didn't fool with it.
1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

~Marc

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results, especially #2 #3 #6 #8 !
Excellent separation of the planes.
Medium format at work, what to add?
Looking for more!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work in black in white. The dog in image 5 is amazing, the leash along with the dog have wonderful depth

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be working well. Fantastic to see a KMZ tool in use.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results here, tone, sharpness, interest... I like that you are fearless when it comes to folders and shooting at larger apertures. That's the way to go!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these results are impressive and its obviuos you did a great job in. the self help dept!

marc let me ask though, it appears to me the DOF is very shallow for f8...what are your thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know how to comment about the dof...the images are not cropped. Most are fairly close-up, for instance, #3 is about as close as one can focus with the camera. If you've ever used the Moskva 5, or a comparable camera, you know how clumsy it is for a non-willing subject. I think that picture is particularly impressive only for the fact that I was able to capture a very fast moving puppy at that distance.

Otherwise I haven't a clue why it might appear more shallow than is typical for f8.

Oh! And thank you everyone very much! Love the comments!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry if my question was misinterpreted. i meant no statement as to quality of the shots, which i think are impressive, especially given the camera. i was only questioning the DOF at f8...

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no. I understand. I just wish I had a better answer for you.

Here is a picture of the camera. I think most people know what it looks like but if anyone wanted to know the serial for reference:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results Marc. Interesting camera.The f8 question is simple enough. Close in on a 6x9 frame tge dof looks normal to me for a 105mm lens.
Just because this is a "normal" lens for 69 does not mean it will behave as a normal on a 35mm frame.
Great contrast from tge lens btw. I'm impressed.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely tones ...