Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

battered super takumar 50/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: battered super takumar 50/1.4 Reply with quote

Just got a battered super takumar 50/1.4 for about 40 bucks. Not really cheap, I know, but not many comes up for auction in India. I was really skeptical about its image quality since it has scratches on front as well as rear elements, body is in pretty bad shape and have some dust inside, aperture goes from 1.4 to f8 only not beyond (all bad things that can happen). But after receiving it I was pleased to find out that it has buttery focusing mechanism and just great image quality. Seriously these lenses are made like tank !! They put these modern lenses to shame !!

All in all I am pretty pleased. Will upload some shots of lens and from it from home.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Ash! A fine lens.

Disassembly and Cleaning of the F1.4 50mm Super Takumar

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

I also own a Tak 1.4/50 with some slight scratches (even on the rear element) but they don't show on the pictures, neither on film nor on digital images.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, have the Super-Takumar 1.4/50 and has a lovely amber coating to
the front element. Wink Reminds me I have to stick it in a sunny window,
but will have to be a sunnier day than this one.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Old Super Tak 1.4 Reply with quote

Some months ago I got one, with a reversed diaphragm, probably someone did a repair, but it has no effect on the quality of the pic...nice heavy lens on my Nikon D50...

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Hi.

I don't find the way to clean the SMC 1,8/55. Is in the same way than the ST. 1,4/50?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Hi.

I don't find the way to clean the SMC 1,8/55. Is in the same way than the ST. 1,4/50?

Thanks

Mal1905 posted a nice guide in this thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,210517.html

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
estudleon wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Hi.

Thanks

Mal1905 posted a nice guide in this thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,210517.html

Thanks. I didn't think that the SMC and the ST 1,8/55 takumar can be disassembled in the same way.

Rino.