Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

600mm M42 ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: 600mm M42 ? Reply with quote

Today I tried my "600mm" M42 .... how do you think?

5 (wide open)

I made ​​a joke .... Very Happy
This is a Tair 3S with a multiplier (2x) kenko m42.
Now I have a cheap 600mm ..... Laughing
There seems to be used?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word: WOW Shocked

Is it a Tair as used in the Zenit Sniper-kit, with quick focussing ?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toeteraar wrote:

Yes, that is! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting.

I love my Tair-3C, not tried a teleconverter on it though. I'll have to try it myself seeing your shots!

Some shots I took handheld with my Tair without a TC:

100% crop :

100% crop :

100% crop:

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danikatia wrote:
Toeteraar wrote:

Yes, that is! Very Happy

This is mine, feels like an artillery shell and weighs similar amount, but I lover her!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
danikatia wrote:
Toeteraar wrote:

Yes, that is! Very Happy

This is mine, feels like an artillery shell and weighs similar amount, but I lover her!

Is the same as mine .... Smile
It is a beautiful lens, I noticed that it suffers a bit of AC

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniele, your photos are very sharp and well contrasted, hard to believe they have been taken with a 300mm + a teleconverter! Shocked

With regards to lenses pronoun.... I always thought of a lens as "him" and of a camera as "her" Laughing - maybe because they are such in Italian language, but I think also the shapes and the functions allow those gender associations... Wink it always feels strange to me reading of a lens called "her"... especially a phallic shaped lens as the TAIR-3 ! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniele, your photos are very sharp and well contrasted, hard to believe they have been taken with a 300mm + a teleconverter! Shocked

With regards to lenses pronoun.... I always thought of a lens as "him" and of a camera as "her" Laughing - maybe because they are such in Italian language, but I think also the shapes and the functions allow those gender associations... Wink it always feels strange to me reading of a lens called "her"... especially the TAIR-3 which may be a phallic symbol ! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's REALLY impressive for an old 300mm with a 2x TC connected!! Did you need to sharpen much? I've just picked up an old CZJ 2x teleconverter and am itching to try it out Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never thought of the Tair as phallic, more liek a bomb or shell as it;s so heavy and metallic. I suppose I think of it as 'her' because she's a big, strapping lass like a Russian shotputter and should be called something like 'Olga' lol

ManualFocus-G wrote:
That's REALLY impressive for an old 300mm with a 2x TC connected!! Did you need to sharpen much? I've just picked up an old CZJ 2x teleconverter and am itching to try it out Very Happy

I agree, the pics are very impressive and the TC hasn't reduced the IQ at all. I'll have to buy a TC now. Anyone got any recommendations for which brand/model, have to be M42 of course, a 7 element one I take it is best?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

Of course I had to apply to the picture sharpness and contrast, I was still surprised by the detail that has preserved despite the teleconverter..... Wink
The camera also has to do its part, must take pictures at high ISO without a tripod and it is important that the camera should be well above 400 iso ... Exclamation

Hello Orio! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Daniele, these are great!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots by any standard, and fantastic bang for buck.

But I bet the Tair+TC weighs as much as most 600m super teles! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive Daniele!...I recently started a thread on the adapters section about 2x teleconverters...I'm trying to find a better one than the Tamron SP 01F to go with my Tamron SP 300mm f2.8 LD IF (which gives me a 600mm f5.6 and its M42 Wink .
What 2x TC did you use as it seems pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danikatia very nice job of showing what that lens can do and with a doubler on it as well. Shocked

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:

Perhaps it weighs more ..... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danikatia wrote:
fuzzywuzzy wrote:

Perhaps it weighs more ..... Laughing

One good thing though - perfect lens to use in a bad neighbourhood - you could easily kill someone by hitting them with a Tair 3c!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSG wrote:
Very impressive Daniele!...I recently started a thread on the adapters section about 2x teleconverters...I'm trying to find a better one than the Tamron SP 01F to go with my Tamron SP 300mm f2.8 LD IF (which gives me a 600mm f5.6 and its M42 Wink .
What 2x TC did you use as it seems pretty good.

This is mine, but I can not tell if it is one of the best .... I own only this one! Very Happy