Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Highkeycamera.com custom camera straps
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Highkeycamera.com custom camera straps Reply with quote

This post has been edited from the original, to shorten description of events. Please scroll down and learn from my mistake in trusting this seller.

Looking for a place where I could have custom camera straps made for me, I found http://www.highkeycamera.com website using Google.

I went for the obvious and boring, which is my business logo. I wanted a touch of minimalism, but still with logo big enough to work as an advertisement and eye catcher at events, concerts...

Last edited by Esox lucius on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very nice and professional indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, I ordered the straps and started waiting

Quote from Highkeycamera.com website:

We're working extremely hard to reduce the time, but due to the number of steps and the attention paid to detail, please allow 4 to 5 weeks for custom straps to be made.
(Yeah, we know that seems like a long time... but believe us, it's worth it—or, so we've heard from customers...)

Last edited by Esox lucius on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: custom straps were shipped from Portland, OR, on April 15th. I will post photos once they arrive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wish I could say I'm happy and recommend http://highkeycamera.com/products/custom-camera-strap but no, I am not.

Copy of my email to them:

Hi,

Well, I wish I could say I'm happy but I am definitely not. Today I received both my custom camera straps, and the workmanship tolerances on both of them is way below the standard advertised on your website:

"... due to the number of steps and the attention paid to detail, please allow 4 to 5 weeks for custom straps to be made. (Yeah, we know that seems like a long time... but believe us, it's worth it—or, so we've heard from customers..."

Clearly, your attention to detail is not of the standard you indicate on your website.

I used your Photoshop template, and delivered a file which had the print well inside the print area, with nothing located in the designated bleed area, likewise nothing located on the line indicating stitching area. You deliver me two straps, both of which have subclass workmanship, with tolerances off target:

Strap #1 sewing is not straight, nor is cut, the distance from the white line to the border varying from 2 millimeters to 8 millimeters. I shot this photo with a zero-distortion macro lens, and the strap is sewn so badly you don't even have to check the high resolution version to see it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mustavalkoinen/5640092015/sizes/l/in/photostream/

Strap #2 is not as bad as #1, but nevertheless sewing is still partly on top of the white line (ie stitching and cut is not straight either), despite being well clear of it in the design I sent you, created with your template. Distance of white line from border varies from 2-4mm on one side to 4-8mm on the other side.

Finally: the two layers the strap consists of: on both straps they're not even cut right, because the lower layer overlaps with about 2 to 3 millimeters on one side.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they respond? This looks very badly done.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reply so far.

Opening a PayPal dispute over this, maybe that will motivate seller to reply.