Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HAPO 10 / Neopan 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: HAPO 10 / Neopan 100 Reply with quote

First shots with the HAPO 10 from 1936 - it's a rebadged Balda Pontina, with a Steinheil Cassar 3.8/105 in a Compur. And a light leak - I'd fixed the pinholes I saw but either the fix wasn't successful or I sprung another leak opening and closing the bellows. Anyhow, the Cassar shows promise.

the last one is the money shot from the roll - in the relative dark no light leak...

Also, I have to re-refine my development technique - I'm doing some inversions with the developer as I was getting streaks in skies with just the swizzle stick agitation. But now I think the reel moves up and one edge of the film doesn't get enough soup. Either 1/2 reel on top, or a rubber band, to keep the reel down and under liquid should do the trick.

Here's the Hapo

HAPO 10 - Balda - 1936 by Nesster, on Flickr

Hapo 10 - Hanns Porst Nurnberg - Balda - ~1936 by Nesster, on Flickr

On this sample, they left the Balda label on the shutter. The camera has a body shutter release, and both a brilliant vf on the nose and a fold-out set up, 6x9 (maskable to 6x4.5 but I lack the mask)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity for the light leak, but the other parts of the image really look like top folder quality!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The images show such fine CONTRAST! Shocked It looks as though you
have picked up a fine camera and lens. Your compositional skills are
EXCELLENT. But for the light leak, #2 is stunning to me.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely amazing result from a such an old camera!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The money shot is amazing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

money shot, indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a Balda camera built before the war by the original company in Dresden, which later became known as Belca after the war. At the same time a new Balda company was set up in the western zone, in Bunde.

I have a love-hate relationship with pre-war Cassars: the example I havehad were very prone to surface tarnish which caused serious image degradation, but a good example can pack a punch, as demonstrated by Nesster. Getting the bellows fixed would be well worthwhile.