Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica FR1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Yashica FR1 Reply with quote

Is anybody has personal experience with this cam ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not direct experience, but this italian online magazine, which is the most autoritative on Contax/Yashica, says that it's a very nice camera, that used to have all the important functions of a quality camera. It says that it was corresponding to what in the Contax catalogue was the Contax RTS (the first Contax reflex made by Kyocera).

You can see photo on top of article:
http://www.nadir.it/ob-fot/yashica_lens.htm

-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I get one with a lens, I think I will give to my kids with a nice Tamron SP zoom, to discover photography. They are over on compact cameras.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila. This is a great camera. It was for me, my first new camera in '82 (I was 13). You will find the build quality very good. The only problem is, the entire FR line had issues with the counter not working correctly. I still use my FR and FR1 for IR B+W. It is a great camera to start a person in photography. And of course it mounts the fantastic Contax Zeiss lenses. My first one came with the ML 50 f2 a great performer overall. Maybe the color saturation is a bit on the red side but, pretty nice and very compact. Enjoy
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Thank you I get one with a lens, I think I will give to my kids with a nice Tamron SP zoom, to discover photography.

Wow, what a way to start with photography!!!

It is VERY GOOD and wise that you make them start with film. That's the way to learn.
If you have a spare hand meter, give it to them and teach them how to use it, and tell them to always use the hand meter instead of camera meter. They will thank you in the future if you make them learn on hand meter.

-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They love to learn so I am curious how it will be going.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a link which might help. There's reviews at the bottom.
http://www.cdegroot.com/cgi-bin/photowiki/Yashica_FR-I

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Hi Attila. This is a great camera. It was for me, my first new camera in '82 (I was 13). You will find the build quality very good. The only problem is, the entire FR line had issues with the counter not working correctly. I still use my FR and FR1 for IR B+W. It is a great camera to start a person in photography. And of course it mounts the fantastic Contax Zeiss lenses. My first one came with the ML 50 f2 a great performer overall. Maybe the color saturation is a bit on the red side but, pretty nice and very compact. Enjoy
Andy

I've just bought a FR1 and guess what? the counter doesn't work Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Buenos Aires, there were some FR-1, but the sellers were in the habit of saying that there were no supplies. And this commentary killed the intention of prchase the cam. Laughing

Perhaps the cams weren't in good conditions, and so-so repaired, and then....