Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[AF] Sigma 1.4/50mm EX DG HSM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: [AF] Sigma 1.4/50mm EX DG HSM Reply with quote

Hi,

for those thinking about to buy such a lens here few other shots from my morning walk. BTW this lens was rated by "Digital PHOTO" - a German photo magazine as one of the best 50mm lens.

For example Sigma 1.4/50 EX DG HSM 88,87 %, Voigtländr 1.4/58mm Nokton SL 86,31 %, Zeiss Planar T 1.4/50mm 85,17 %, Canon EF 1.4/50mm USM 85,09 %, AF-S Nikkor 1.4/50mm G 84,83 % .........

All images are cropped by about 50 %.

Wink

Last edited by Rolf on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking for quite some time about this lens and if I should buy it or not. I have decided against it, mainly because the 50mm niche is filled by several excellent lenses already.

Rolf, do you have problems with AF accuracy?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results, I know it's regarded very highly. But personally I don't like it because it's overly large for a standard lens Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Rolf, do you have problems with AF accuracy?

No Carsten.
Wink

BTW Within the last few month I mainly have taken images with the Nikon D700 because I got some nice old Nikon and Leica lenses which I converted to F-mount.

But I must say that I´m always impressed about the crop capability of this Canon FF sensor. These are all crops with minimum 50 % crop factor.