Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zürich with the SMC Takumar 55/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Zürich with the SMC Takumar 55/2 Reply with quote

I spent a couple of days in Zürich, and took my Canon 5D with the Pentax SMC Takumar 55/2 with me.

Last edited by eeyore_nl on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, nice pics, especially the night shots

I moved not far from Zurich and it's a very nice city and a very beautiful region. The only problem (from photographic point of view) is the weather: there are lots of days with this "sunny fog", where light is important, but there is some fog laying around, making landscapes shots very complex. This can be seen here on picture #2 (but here, on a city sho, it adds to the atmmosphere), and especially #3: there are mountains in the background of this image! Any tips on how to deal with it? I tried UV/pola filter but it didn't change a lot...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylyad wrote:
Any tips on how to deal with it? I tried UV/pola filter but it didn't change a lot...

I think you can only try to use the haze for your advantage. A pola filter will not help in such cases.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm afraid you're right... And you did it brilliantly! The more I look at it, this #2 shot is really great Smile

One point to add: this haze makes great skies at sunrise/sunset Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The night shots are very well done

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a beautiful light in the last photo !