Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 400 f4.5 SSC - first shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 400 f4.5 SSC - first shots Reply with quote

Hi to all..

I couldn't resist as a matter of course Wink just held the lens onto the camera and took a few snaps with -- well, in this case, the infinity was no problem to achieve as the rear mount is almost completely off (the lens was sold lens as faulty)

The lens itself? Great! Internal focusing - that's amazing feature and makes this lens so light and moreover - steady hands with such as light lens i.e. I was able to take a shot even at 1/125s with quite good quality ..

CA is noticeable but under great control - sharpness straight from the initial aperture and fall-off -- surprisingly very low ..

It has little bit a cold character - but great contrast and sharpness, handling and light weight makes this lens very very good and well balanced ..

NOTE: the picture with flowers - not too much contrast - the sunlight came straight into the gap between the lens and camera mount Wink

4 - crop

tf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results, these old Canon FD lenses seems realy to have high IQ Shocked ....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good to "impressive" sharpness wide open as expected. But I was surpised with the CA Shocked Nevertheless, the sharpness is definitely better than my Tokina SD 400mm f5.6.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep! CA is definitely there -- but believe or not I would accept it !

tf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, really impressive sharpness! How big is the lens in size?