Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Big_Is adapters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Big_Is adapters Reply with quote

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this one:

Click here to see on Ebay

Seems like one of you guys has bought from this vendor. Would like your
opinion on the quality of these adapters, thanks. I'm thinking Orio has this
adapter, but not sure.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are the best adapters for me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got all my 4/3 adapters from big_is.
they all work great. except for low light applications.

(i guess though this has more to do with my camera's focus capabilities. )

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Orio and MK,
I'll get this one. I'll use it on the Elan IIe.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

For me too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought it, free shipping is a nice touch, too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question: brass or aluminium? what are your recommendations?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Orio wrote:

For me too.

The C/Y is ok with infinity and shure fixing on the body ? the ML 28/2.8 came these days Very Happy and I have no adaptor Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my 5 adapters (M42 to EOS), brass version with EMF chip, from big_is. I'm impressed: very nice packaging, nice build quality and finish, perfect fit on the camera. First test, it looks good. One thing to mention: it looks like my overexposure issue is now solved. To be confirmed, but that would be great...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use his products and I have never had any real problems other than the usual issue of M42 > EOS ones being a shade too thin. But I have tried other vendors and the same thing happens

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for digging up old material.
ylyad wrote:
I received my 5 adapters (M42 to EOS), brass version with EMF chip, from big_is. I'm impressed: very nice packaging, nice build quality and finish, perfect fit on the camera. First test, it looks good. One thing to mention: it looks like my overexposure issue is now solved. To be confirmed, but that would be great...
Do you have any news on that, because I'm pondering whether I'd actually need an EMF or AF-confirm chip at all.

edit: ok, have found the answer here: http://forum.mflenses.com/m42-ef-t33453.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cistron wrote:
Apologies for digging up old material.
ylyad wrote:
Do you have any news on that, because I'm pondering whether I'd actually need an EMF or AF-confirm chip at all.

edit: ok, have found the answer here: http://forum.mflenses.com/m42-ef-t33453.html

Hi, I didn't test as much as I wanted too, and I could not guarantee that this is due to EMF chip. But the exposure is now correct. On all lenses, i.e. on all 5 adapters I got from Big_Is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylyad wrote:
Hi, I didn't test as much as I wanted too, and I could not guarantee that this is due to EMF chip. But the exposure is now correct. On all lenses, i.e. on all 5 adapters I got from Big_Is.
Thank you Smile