Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 5/500 and Pentax K-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Takumar 5/500 and Pentax K-5 Reply with quote

Hi,

here few images for the friends of long tubes.

Bought this lens last year (or the year before ) but never used it. Will give it with my new K-5 now a try. Here a first test shot across the garden with tripod and Iso 3200 (the weather isn´t so well). Next I will go into the zoo with this beast. Hopefully they will let me in.

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could enter with the 500/4.5 on the phonosniper cross, exactly like a gun, so you should not have any problem Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this post..... Rolf that is a very BIG lens and must be heavy as well! The image it produces is not bad...it captures the red very well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This answers all my needs.. great picture quality, great manufacturing quality, and would scare the shit out of the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity as it looks like a rocket propelled grenade launcher! Smile

Doug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a beautifull lens but what a monster Shocked ....
I read somwhere that the mount was interchangeable on this lens (or may be it was for the 4,5/500 version, I'm not sure!), with the possibility to use a Nikon mount, is it so on yours??
and can I ask you wich tripod ball head you use with this lens ???

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
That's a beautifull lens but what a monster Shocked ....
I read somwhere that the mount was interchangeable on this lens (or may be it was for the 4,5/500 version, I'm not sure!), with the possibility to use a Nikon mount, is it so on yours??
and can I ask you wich tripod ball head you use with this lens ???

Thanks Pascal.

I did not try it out with the interchangeable mount. That is new for me. May be Peter can have a look into his Asahi book if this is true.

The tripod head is a Manfrotto (Junior - 3-Wege-Neiger). I own 4 different heads.
A ball head is alsways mounted on my monopod, the 3 others are for the tripod. This one, another one like a Wimbley head and one for film only.

I bought at the Manfrotto dealer 2 spare parts for the tripod. It is the part where the haed is mounted on the one side and the other side goes into the tripod. So I can change the head without assembling, I have only to remove the screw in the tripod and can change the complete unit, which is a question of 30 sec.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mount of this monster is indeed interchangeable. But to my knowledge (and based on Arjan's book) this is not for making other mounts than M42 available. It was only intended for quick body attachment (mounting such a monster by screwing the body or the lens would otherwise be very cumbersome).