Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panagor 55mm f/3 Macro on 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Panagor 55mm f/3 Macro on 5D Reply with quote

A few simple samples with this macro lens (which is identical to the renowned Vivitar 55mm f/2.8 Macro). It has a M42-mount and a nice long scratch on the front element. I think that's not a problem at all Smile

The bokeh in busy situations is not 100% to my taste, what about you?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve seen worse.
It always depends how busy it is.
I liked my Vivitar 55/2.8. I sold it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Honestly, i'm not really sure that a background with straight lines could give a pleasant bokeh even with more "respected" lenses ... Or maybe it could, but with more geometric in-focus subjects (hope this is clear, i'm reaching the limits of my english here) ...

The pics #2 and #5 looks really good to me ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful samples! We have some scratched lens thread, please link theses samples to there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Of course, every lens is a compromise. I think the 55mm Panagor is more corrected for macro work than for other subject distances.