Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

50 1/4 Planar - Crazy prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: 50 1/4 Planar - Crazy prices Reply with quote

I mean, look at this one

and it's AE. Not a mint one mind you.
MM it's almost impossible to find.
I've seen 50 1/7 going for $250.
What the heck is going on?

Click here to see on Ebay.de" target="_blank">Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: 50 1/4 Planar - Crazy prices Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
I mean, look at this one

and it's AE. Not a mint one mind you.
MM it's almost impossible to find.
I've seen 50 1/7 going for $250.
What the heck is going on?

Click here to see on Ebay

I don't think the price is crazy especially for new ebayers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the going rate these days, and it's a lens that's guaranteed to sell, like the CZJ Flektogon.

You will be waiting a long time to get one of these for cheap Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants a planar 50/1.7 for 215 let me know Smile Im getting rid of mine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity ... what would be a "fair" price in your eyes?

Usually I try to sell my stuff here in the MFL club before going public - and maybe my Planar 1.4/50 is up for grabs soon Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The average price of this lens (mint state) has never been lower than 150 Euros (200 USD), even in the "good days" of 3-4 years ago.
People who got a mint one for less, got a bargain.
Currently, it is solidly around the 200 Eur (250 USD) average.
It has actually been one of the Contax lenses with the smaller price increase.
Other lenses, like the Distagon 1.4/35, have nearly doubled compared to 3-4 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Orio ... that's about what I monitored, too.

Another "not increased too much" imho is the 1.4/85 ... and another one with sometimes really crazy bids is the Sonnar 2.8/85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Average price from a dealer for a 50/1.4 Planar seems to be in the region of £150-200 which I think is very fair. I nearly bought an MM recently for £150.00 as a backup, but I understand they can be troublesome with the 5D, whereas the AE versions always seem to work.

The 85/1.4 seems to go for £400.00 or so in the UK. Again, this sounds very fair.