Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rolleicord V
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Rolleicord V Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 35-135 V-S that I used in macro mode to take these pictures is just too sharp. I'll need to reprocess the photos using a sharpening value lower than standard. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked And here I was hoping that strip tease would continue longer Laughing

She's got a beautiful leather coat, and shows her body through it beautifully. I especially like the brassiere she discarded on the table in #2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am totally captivated by the wood grain on the table...as well as the camera...excellent Orio!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that you didn't install the softbox.
What the shutter speed with those lights? And the distance, please.
You managed to strip the exif.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all

Himself wrote:
I see that you didn't install the softbox.
What the shutter speed with those lights? And the distance, please.
You managed to strip the exif.

yeah, these are screen grabs, here's why no exif
no softbox because lazy Rolling Eyes
the shutter speed was 1/60 in #1 and #3, 1/100 in #2, and 1/40 in #4
ISO 800
distance of camera was about 30 cms from subject with lens in macro mode
distance of lights from subject was about 50cm for left source and about 40 cm for right source.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless beauty... Stunning!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have developed the photos again using less sharpness... they look perfect to me. I try now to upload directly 1600 pixels size images, if I understand correctly the full resolution should appear if you click on the images... let's see if it works:

AFTER-POST EDIT:
The 35-135 in macro more is sharp beyond the imaginable... even with the sharpening lowered, the second photo still shows jagged edges!... I should develop it with zero sharpening to make it right... this means that it would look right with Canon's AA applied! Shocked
_

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! beautiful presentation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

Have you seen the 1600 px size?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, I cut myself opening it, ... sharp!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a nice cam. And great images, Orio!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a 100% crop of the first image where the sharpening has been completely turned off. By completely I mean also the in-camera sharpening was zeroed. And of course no post-conversion sharpening either.
What you see is the image exactly as it came out of the 5DMkII's Antialiasing filter.

Note that in order to see the 100% size you need to click on the image and then click again in the new window until 100% is displayed.
The picture as it appears embedded on this page is not at 100%:

This is Shocked Shocked
I think the world does not know of this incredible macro performance of the 35-135. I never saw it mentioned anywhere.

Another thing that I find remarkable is the very little green CA (or fringing, as you like better), which for a zoom at this enlargement is quite a result.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely unsharp, no details whatsoever. Orio, you should send this lens to me immediately. I will take care of such a low-performer. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, don't listen to him. Obviously it's not the fault of your lens, but rather that Rollei is moving around to kill all detail, and the ghost living in it leaks out to destroy your contrast as well. Rather than let this infect your beautiful lens, send the Rollei to me for a proper exorcism -- did I mention I have shamanic talents, coming from a Lapp shaman family? Yes, a little bit of shamanizing will do the Rollei wonders... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing