Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Too short DOF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Too short DOF Reply with quote

Finally my Canon FD to PK adapters arrived. From one I removed the glass element (because the quality drop of the adapter with element is too big) but unfortunately this is the farthest I can get from my subject (with the lens at infinity).

Pentax, please make me an EVIL camera!

One thing is for sure: the Canon FD 85mm F1.2 S.S.C. Aspherical is very sharp wide open!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Too short DOF Reply with quote

looks really good for f1.2

Spotmatic wrote:

hm..I wonder why you do not have a NEX yet,
or why it has not become more popular with members of this forum.

I guess it is the lack of a viewfinder.
but the tiltable screen has it's advantages too,
great for shooting candid, from the lap, looking down asf.

the camera is amazingly small, has a very good APS-C sensor,
and above all, anything goes, FD, MD, Konica, name it, even M39 rangefinder lenses

Last edited by kuuan on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Too short DOF Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:

Spotmatic wrote:

anything goes, FD, MD, Konica, name it, even M39 rangefinder lenses

A good question. I just don't want to learn a new system. I could never get to grips with a Panasonic G1, I really want to have the controls and feel of a Pentax.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Too short DOF Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
kuuan wrote:

Spotmatic wrote:

anything goes, FD, MD, Konica, name it, even M39 rangefinder lenses

A good question. I just don't want to learn a new system. I could never get to grips with a Panasonic G1, I really want to have the controls and feel of a Pentax.

( sorry, I had edited my post while you answered )

wow Peter, you are really a dedicated Pentaxian.
I love to support Pentax in any way I can because I would hate this company with this great history to vanish - I am still not over Minolta having disappeared.

of any dSLR I prefer the handling of the Pentaxes, but it could be even better, the Konica-Minolta A2 sure is the best handling camera I have experience with.
Now Pentax happens to be my best choice, but if any other company gives me a better one I would not mind at all if my camera was called Sony, Samsung, Hyundai..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, Peter, certainly reinforces what great performers these FD lenses
are!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a good lens for sure!

You know that Pentax is now owned by Hoya, right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think this has now reached a point that we have to tell you Peter:
There are focal lengths shorter than 85mm.
Really!
They exist!
Even 77mm is no insurmountable frontier.
Note the famous Robert Capa who once said, if your Dof is not long enough, your focal length is not short enough, or something to that effect.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

In a sense you are right, Wieland. But I have come to the conclusion that I definitely am not a wide-angle shooter. I like details with the subject filling the frame. In fact I sold my Sigma 10-20 a week ago because I never used it. Of course I'm sure I'll regret it at some point, but for now I'll concentrate on the longer glass Smile