Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Made in Italy: Rectaflex SLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Made in Italy: Rectaflex SLR Reply with quote

One of my beauties. Listed at Ebay, but I'm sure, it will stay in my collection. Price is just crazy! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beauty - I was amazed with these cameras and how valuable they are now. Congrats on owning one - have you used it?

Here's a period ad, from 1950

Rectaflex 1950 by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site:
http://pafas.tripod.com/fotopedia/contents/page54.html
claims that the Rectaflex was the first pentaprism reflex camera ever built.
I have no idea if true or not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
What a beauty - I was amazed with these cameras and how valuable they are now. Congrats on owning one - have you used it?

No, never used it. Usually, I don't care to use my collectible stuff, nearly everything is replaceable, but I always hesitated to use it, because I wanted to pamper this beauty!
Don't care about scatches on my DSLR lcds, but a scratch on that camera would hurt!

Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could take soft photos of down on velvet, using kid gloves and a softbox for lighting Laughing But I see what you mean

Last edited by Nesster on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That focusing trick seems very neat. Better in some ways than the split-image. Or maybe I am thinking this just because it is so unique ?

I wonder if it worked. Nobody else seems to have copied it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The focussing works pretty good, but I'm not sure if I will not prefer the usual split image rangefinder more. But it is interesting to see. One of the solutions, that never really made it to the common cameras. Maybe a bit like the Dahl Messraster, which, although very acurate, never really made it into serial production.

Klaus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the never heard cameras (by me) many thanks for sharing it!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting indeed. And the particular sample looks to be in pristine condition.

Btw, the focusing system somehow reminds me of the diagonal split-image rangefinder used by Rollei/Voigtländer in some of their SL35 / VSL series of cameras...