Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A day with Orio
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: A day with Orio Reply with quote

Photos from Saturday in lake Como.
We had a great time, but the days are too short in this time of the year...

1. Orio daydreaming with his baby from 1938 (Contax 1,4/85)

2. Looking north from Moltrasio (Contax 1,4/35)

3. Looking east from Moltrasio (Contax Planar 2/135)

4. As in #3, but later

5. Moltrasio

6. My version of "Painted windows" (Distagon 2,8/21 ZE)

7. Distagon 2,8/21 ZE

8. Canon 17mm TS

9. Contax Planar 2/135

10. Zeiss color (Contax Planar 1,4/50)

11. Orio told me he owns Villa Pizzo, but he forgot the keys and the butler was on leave... (Contax Vario-Sonnar 35-70)

12. Isn't he cute? (Contax Planar 2/135)

13. Contax 1,4/50

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I love very much the first portrait!
( and I hate #12, LOL Laughing )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Nice to see you Orio! Looks a very nice place to visit!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are both of you doing at 4 am?
Go to sleep !!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures!.. I like #12 a lot Very Happy, now I know, what kind of man I bought lens from. No offens Orio...joking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series, now you know the difference between the 135:2 and the 135:2.8
#1 is beautiful, Orio really holding his tool like he would hold a baby cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkanellopoulos wrote:
What are both of you doing at 4 am?
Go to sleep !!!

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you didn't forget the lens there in #11. Or at least put the cap on it Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agent_cooper wrote:
I hope you didn't forget the lens there in #11. Or at least put the cap on it Wink

My 3-blades Rollei Planar? I'd rather forget myself there Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

Do you know any other guy having 3 different 85mm Planars in his bag? Laughing Evil or Very Mad Laughing

I should have stolen one...

Last edited by Nikos on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series!
Orio, regarding #12, a friend of mine, being told by the doctor that in the near future he has to lose some weight in order to get rid of the belly, he told the doctor, in a very serious tone: "why would I do that, this is fine food, fine wine, serious money, THIS is an investment." Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkanellopoulos wrote:
Orio wrote:

Do you know any other guy having 3 different 85mm Planars in his bag? Laughing Evil or Very Mad Laughing

I should have stolen one...

But I only had two Wink And just to let you see it, otherwise I would have had only one...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Great series!
Orio, regarding #12, a friend of mine, being told by the doctor that in the near future he has to lose some weight in order to get rid of the belly, he told the doctor, in a very serious tone: "why would I do that, this is fine food, fine wine, serious money, THIS is an investment." Very Happy

Laughing
Well, at least I can say to have become fat on good food and not on Macburgers Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Himself wrote:
Great series!

Laughing
Well, at least I can say to have become fat on good food and not on Macburgers Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, don´t let them make jokes without understanding the the reason: you (and me) are built like solid tripods Very Happy and for those who want to add something: with ballhead Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der einrahmer wrote:
Orio, don´t let them make jokes without understanding the the reason: you (and me) are built like solid tripods Very Happy and for those who want to add something: with ballhead Laughing

I have the same hairdresser too!. Cool Cool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series !
The first picture is a great portrait !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
der einrahmer wrote:

I got tired to give to the barbershop every time the equivalent of a MIR-1 lens for a hair cut. Laughing So I got myself a "hairmower" machine and that is the way that I cut my hair since almost 10 years now. Very efficient, and I am not the kind anyway who spends one hour at the barbershop to have the hair tinted and curled like some men (?) do. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
The first picture is a great portrait !

I am very satisfied with it, because apparently the model found it good enough
to be used as an avatar Smile

Of course, it takes effort to make a bad portrait with the 85mm Planar...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:
der einrahmer wrote:

I got tired to give to the barbershop every time the equivalent of a MIR-1 lens for a hair cut. Laughing So I got myself a "hairmower" machine and that is the way that I cut my hair since almost 10 years now. Very efficient, and I am not the kind anyway who spends one hour at the barbershop to have the hair tinted and curled like some men (?) do. Rolling Eyes

+1 I did start to cut my hair 20 yrs before to bald , my wife say man is bald Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a saying : "The stupid hair leaves the smart head" Laughing
I don't hide that it suits me too Laughing I think it's a good logo for many of us Laughing