Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter - 21M f4/200mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Jupiter - 21M f4/200mm Reply with quote

I've made test shots with Jupiter 21M 4/200 on few apertures, thought that someone would find it helpfull.

@f4 (wide open)

Crop 100%

@f5,6

Crop 100%

@f8

Crop 100%

@f11

Crop 100%

And Jupiter itself:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go out and take shoot from something beauty, this lens is well deserved it. Similar shoots say not much from a lens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Go out and take shoot from something beauty, this lens is well deserved it. Similar shoots say not much from a lens.

+1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to show how it performs coz I supose that it's sometimes helpful for someone who is looking for info's about lenses. I will post "normal" photos soon, don't worry : )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos from today's walk : )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience it's a great lens, sharp wide open and great for challenging conditions.

Pic below shot wide open at 2000 iso with 2x tele:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Martin.

Great IQ. Good idea to use a 2x teleconverter. Never thought on this. The lens has the capabilities to use such a converter. Will try it out sometimes.
Have seen the last time during my visit that one of my dealers have few M42 teleconverters for 3 € on his desk.

Thanks for the tip.

Wink" target="_blank">Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Great IQ. Good idea to use a 2x teleconverter. Never thought on this. The lens has the capabilities to use such a converter. Will try it out sometimes. Have seen the last time during my visit that one of my dealers have few M42 teleconverters for 3 € on his desk.

You will most probably end up with 3€ quality photo Wink.

martinsmith99 wrote:
From my experience it's a great lens, sharp wide open and great for challenging conditions.

+1 and awesome build

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is missing the lens hood, but in the picture above yours seems to be missing it too. Any ideas about where I can find one, or a suitable replacement?

BTW if someone wants this lens, just send me a PM I got it for cheap. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Mine is missing the lens hood, but in the picture above yours seems to be missing it too. Any ideas about where I can find one, or a suitable replacement?

The lens hood is built-in - just pull it out. The lens in these shots seems to have it - look at the thin rim on the edge of the front - that's the tip of the hood. It's a pretty short hood for such a large lens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving Bolt Cool Why did they never make a cuddly pigeon toy though?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Martin, the stag picture ain't bad either Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Loving Bolt 8) Why did they never make a cuddly pigeon toy though?

Yea, It's a pity :P

ludoo wrote:
Mine is missing the lens hood, but in the picture above yours seems to be missing it too.

No, at photo hood is "present" as it was said you have to pull it out but it's only 2cm long so it's rather useless.