Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Velvia and Provia on 645
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Velvia and Provia on 645 Reply with quote

Today I took home the slides made with the Contax 645 at the Cinque Terre, one roll Velvia 50 and one Provia 100 (I guess new type), both fresh and freezed so no color cast, I am blown away by the detail in there, just astounding!

Medium format is incredible, it can separate beautifully a green tree over a background of green trees, if I tried that with a full frame 135 (let alone an APS-C) I would have gotten a confused shot even at wide open, with medium format the singled out tree just bumps out of the frame and leaves the background trees behind. The Sonnar 140, which I used for the shot, has an incredible '3D', totally unseen on small format FF.

Yes, I will scan some slides, but I'm afraid that I will scan them after I mount them in the frames, because whenever I scan a film directly over the flatbed scanned, even if I clean everything beforehand, the film seems to always get dust which then is hard to remove, and I really want to preserve these slides for the projection - yeah, I have a 6x6 slide projector, which I bought last year!
So given that the slides will be scanned inside frames, the sharpness will surely suffer, so you'll have to use imagination for that - while hopefully things like colours and 3D will pass through, at least so I hope.

So, we'll meet in the slides gallery in a few days!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great ! I look forward them ! Thanks!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait to enjoy them, I hope sharpness will be enough for oversized gallery