Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML 28mm 2.8 - how good?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Yashica ML 28mm 2.8 - how good? Reply with quote

Hello !
I have a deal on a Yashica ML 28mm 2.8 . How good is this lens ? How doe it compare against the Fujinon 28 /3.5 and Zuiko 28/2.8 ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite good actually. Better than its price suggests. About the same level as later Olympus Zuiko 28/2.8. Sharpness similar to Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8 AE (the Zeiss has more contrast though). My review with samples: http://www.prime35.com/yashica-ml-28mm-f2-8/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the feed back ! good information ! I've just ordered it !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wont regret it .
It`s a cracking lens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Thank you for the feed back ! good information ! I've just ordered it !

As already mentioned, you won't regret it. It's a nice little lens for sure. By the way, Nikon HN-2 hood (or a Chinese copy) works fine on it, and is a highly recommended accessory (costs $5.80 from eBay, shipped from China or HK).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one in the marketplace section. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot , guys ! Wink
Now, I'll need a C/Y to EOS adaptor .that's another game ...What do you suggest ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tesarphoto does a brilliant adapter, but it's pricey:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1077444.html#1077444

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally , the adaptor came today , put the lens on , then up on the EOS ! Prefect fitting !
first impressions : splendid lens for 35E, sharp all over , good colors ,I think it's going to be my all around for a good time .
Thanks for advices !
the adapter keeps the infinity focus (first test at 2.8 ) :

the sample is not sharpened for uploading , on my monitor is much sharper(don't know why, but all my uploadings are somewhat softer than in my computer).