Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax to Canon adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Contax to Canon adapter Reply with quote

I need one.
Any good seller on the market?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody dealt with Big_is?
Thickness is good, no wiggling on the camera or lens?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Anybody dealt with Big_is?
Thickness is good, no wiggling on the camera or lens?

Me
No wiggling (but you should always handle with care)
EMF is easy to set
As for thickness, it depends on which lens. There are a few lenses where I can not reach infinity without sanding the adapter. One of them is the Distagon 15. But for most lenses thickness is ok.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I'll go for it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My big_is adapter failed and my Planar 50/1.4 dropped to the ground as a result. Just check that the lock aligns properly.

This is the single best adapter I have used so far, although you will need to glue a big_is chip on if you want AF confirm etc.

Click here to see on Ebay

Thickness is perfect, no movement whatsover. Use them on my 5D. Same goes for their Nikon adapters.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
My big_is adapter failed and my Planar 50/1.4 dropped to the ground as a result. Just check that the lock aligns properly.

This is the single best adapter I have used so far, although you will need to glue a big_is chip on if you want AF confirm etc.

Click here to see on Ebay

Thickness is perfect, no movement whatsover. Use them on my 5D. Same goes for their Nikon adapters.

I have a Nikon F->EOS which look exactly as the one sold by tesarphoto. It's brand is called WIDEPAN. You can visit their adaptor pager at http://www.phepan.cn/en/ACCE/product_3.htm .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek, that's an expensive piece of metal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fotodiox adapter came yesterday and it`s thicker than it should be.
I don`t reach infinity so I have to grind it down.
My question is what part should i grind?

Orio, if my memory is good, you said a while ago that you grinded a contax adapter.
Would you shoe me on a picture what side did you grind, the one that stick to the camera or the one that mounts on the lens?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
My big_is adapter failed and my Planar 50/1.4 dropped to the ground as a result.

Unfortunately, quality varies per batch.
If Canon/Nikon have disappointing quality control, what would you expect from big_is ?

In general, his adapters are good and solid. You also have to be lucky...

His EMF adapter (about $40) is the only one I tried that supports recording of aperture value to the EXIF (of course you set it manually on the lens too).
In addition to being able to set focal length and maximum aperture. I think, the extra $20 are worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
My fotodiox adapter came yesterday and it`s thicker than it should be.
I don`t reach infinity so I have to grind it down.
My question is what part should i grind?

Which lens is it?
Fotodiox adapters (I have one) are among the thinest on the market.
In my case, the problem was with the lens. All 3 adapters I tried failed to reach infinity. Another copy of the lens was fine.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
There are a few lenses where I can not reach infinity without sanding the adapter. One of them is the Distagon 15.

Alternatively you can sand the lens.

Couldn't resist that. It is Friday after all. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adapter measures 1,62mm on my caliper. Should`ve been 1,5mm.
I tried 2 lenses : Contax 50/1.4 AE and Yashica ML 50/2.8.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Shrek, that's an expensive piece of metal

I know Crying or Very sad But it's well worth it, to know that the lens set at infinity, is actually at infinity Smile

I've bought three now Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does somebody have experience with the adapter sold by Phototools24 ?
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390195968145&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:DE:1123
HappypageHK doesn't sale any more (at least for the moment),the Fotodiox ones are not thin enough (from some reports here and there) the russian ones are unavailable for the moment .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished buying this one .Excellent quality , from Lituania
http://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350405546872&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.at%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D350405546872%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by excellent quality?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
What do you mean by excellent quality?

I mean it is very well machined ,seems that is good material , very well finished,it fits perfectly on the lens and the camera stays tight with absolutely no wobble( and my 28ML is a tad stiff) .I have infinity focus with it ,which is important.
And ,on top ,it's negotiable Laughing I managed to get a fair price !
It's better than my M42/EOS from the same source , wich wobbles a little on the camera
The Dandelion IV programmable chip works fine when you get used with it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Best C/Y to EF EOS Adapter without EMF (AF Chip) is the K&F Concept. about 11,99 EUR in eBay germany. (was 9.99 EUR before, but i've missed that) The best C/Y to EF EOS Adapter with AF Chip and programable, EMF Dandylion is the Pixco GF-1 C/Y EF Adapter, around GBP 28. Currently using the K&F Concept onto my 5D, no wiggling, etc....matches perfectly and sits tight. Wink

This is my 1st K&F Concept EOS Adapter, being using the K&F as M42, Minolta MD, Olympus OM, C/Y, and Konica Hexanon AR to NEX(eMount) Adapter - haptics is really great, at a bargain price on ebay. I've found these are the best Adapters after Novoflex, for a fraction of the Novoflex price. Wink

PS: Thanks god, both adapters are black, i can't stand these silver adapters onto my black 5D, it looks silly. Wink
Both are way good in terms of build quality.