Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Walking Around with pre-war Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Walking Around with pre-war Meyer Trioplan 100/2.8 Reply with quote

I got this lens recently and I already posted some test shots. But this time I used it in some more "real shots" and it delivers what I expected, alas great things.

I think it's a no coated one, or with very very faint coating because it's unasable directly against the sun. But this can be used as an advantage to get incredible glowing reflection once one manages to tame this beast:

Wide Open

Wide Open again, it's got a sort of "soft focus" effect and it works wonder with human subjects

The feast of flare and glow! Laughing

Another interesting side effect is that it create images with a very compressed histogram, it's an almost "no contrast" lens Laughing
While this could be lethal on some occasions, especially on film, it can be useful in digital where you have a lot of "room" to work with without having the fear to clip out.

If you want sharpness, stay away from it (unless stopped down a lot). But if you want something for portaits it could be a very useful instrument. All in all I'm a gerontophile so I can be biased Cool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great presentation with a lovely lens!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great shots Alessandro!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples Alessandro. I have this lens in a copy from early 50s or maybe late 40s, not sure. It is dreamy wide open and very sharp stopped down. Our member Maxim has started a real fashion trend on this lens with his bycicle pictures Smile A very nice guy, too bad he does not visit here anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous shots, Alessandro! None of mine with this lens could be begin to
compare!