Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stacking adapters , is it plausible?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Stacking adapters , is it plausible? Reply with quote

Hi all

I have a C/Y adapter to eos mount , could I put an Eos> Pentax K or a Eos>m42 mount on the back of it and use the contax lenses on my KX body?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from the fact that I think that Eos-Pentax adapters exist only for Pentax lens to EOS camera and not the other way around... even if you could find a viable combination, your lens will not give infinity focus on the Pentax camera.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, adapters can be stacked. Depending on the specific adapters, mechanical tolerances may affect stability and infinity focus position, but e.g. Pentacon 6 -> M42 -> your camera is quite typical.

As for C/Y lenses K-x body, where can you find EOS -> K or EOS -> M42 adapters that adapt EOS lenses? I think you may be confusing these with ones that adapt lenses to an EOS body

The reason why there is no C/Y -> K adapter (at least without glass elements) is that the adapter would need to have negative thickness to reach proper focus, which is of course impossible. You can't get around this with any combination of adapters; if you stack them then for this combo to work you will by necessity at some point introduce an adapter that either loses you distant focus ability or has an extra piece of glass (a mild teleconverter) to adjust the focus.