Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens Stash
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Lens Stash Reply with quote

Tomorrow FedEx will deliver a box of lenses that I have acquired over the past seven months. A friend in Europe collects them for me and sends when someone travels to the US. During my feeding frenzy, I have mistakenly acquired more than one of a couple, and some others I probably won't need. I will be spending the weekend trying out all I have time for. I know I will be selling one Jupiter 11 (M42) and one Orestegor (w/M42 adapter). Maybe also the Chinon and INA. I am sure (again) I won't be buying any more lenses. Here is the list:

35mm f/2.8 Chinon M42
55mm f/3.0 Panagor Macro M42
58mm f/2.0 Helios 44-3 M42
58mm f/2.0 Helios 44M-7 M42
85mm f/1.5 Cyclop M42
135mm f/4.0 Jupiter 11 M42
135mm f/4.0 Jupiter 11 M42
180mm f/3.5 INA M42
300mm f/4.0 Meyer Optik Orestegor Pent6 - M42
300mm f/4.0 Meyer Optik Orestegor Pent6 - M42

Last edited by woodrim on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, woodrim, nice stash of lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
don't mind me... carry on with your debate Very Happy

looking forward to some samples Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nikon dude, thanks for visiting.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Wow, woodrim, nice stash of lenses.

Very Happy Very Happy +1 Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Woodrim

isnt the jupiter 11 a 135mm f4?

if you are going to sell one, id be interested, im on a Zeiss kick at the moment and I believe its a sonnar clone/copy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, dude, you are correct, it is indeed f/4. My error. Although they are both the chrome Jupiter 11 versions (not 11-A), they are both M42. I will be selling one but want to take a series of pictures with it first so I know that all is okay. I'll share the pictures with you and probably average my cost of the two lenses and offer it for that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to see how your conversation with yourself played out!! Laughing
Nice list of lenses...smart idea and nice of your collector in Europe to do this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hey Woodrim, I'd be very interested in one of those 300mm Meyers"

"No probs ManualFocus-G, it's on me, I have two anyway, and now I know you have a Sony again I'd rather it was being put to good use on a body from the leading DSLR supplier of the future"

Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness. Actually, it should be the second after buying and collecting so many lenses, especially ones you already own! Wink Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these other voices... how am I to hear myself???!!!!

One of the 300mm lenses will be for sale as well. Again, I will take pictures with it - and of it - before selling. ManualFocus-G, I will offer to you before posting.

What? Did anyone else hear that?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
All these other voices... how am I to hear myself???!!!!

One of the 300mm lenses will be for sale as well. Again, I will take pictures with it - and of it - before selling. ManualFocus-G, I will offer to you before posting.

What? Did anyone else hear that?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? Laughing

With all of those M42s, do you need another body? I have a buster of a CLA'd SP1000 with a superb Oreston 50/1.8 mounted ...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digital, fish, only digital.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Digital, fish, only digital.

I would say nice stash but you've already covered that.

The 300 f/4's are the gems there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W00t! Doesn't matter what mount the lenses are in, if you can't make use of them there are bound to be Pen, G1 and NEX users out there who can!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenses have arrived. Holy chit, those Orestegors are big!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Lenses have arrived. Holy chit, those Orestegors are big!!!!!!

Damn, looks like Manual_FocusG has already nabbed the Orestegor Sad

I have now got the set including and below 200mm, so I was looking to expand in the opposite direction. Pictures in a seperate thread, when the 200mm finally arrives....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyn: I knew you had stopped buying lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Martyn: I knew you had stopped buying lenses.

LOL Smile

They were gifted by an anonymous donor (my alter ego) Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyn, I am happy to let you have first dibs on the 300mm as I know you are collecting the Meyers. I'm more a Pentacon man Wink Woodrim, please offer to him first as he has some lens catching up to do yet Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
W00t! Doesn't matter what mount the lenses are in, if you can't make use of them there are bound to be Pen, G1 and NEX users out there who can!

BTW, this is totally on the wrong fred Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw that Orestegor, I had to run outside and give it a try. Geesh, is that big! I'm actually impressed with it. Very good sharpness at full aperture with moderate amount of CA (I have a CCD sensor), which is barely noticeable when stopped down to f/5/6. I suspect gone by f/8, but I haven't gotten that far yet with my evaluation. I can't find much fault other than its size. You don't mount this lens to your camera, you mount the camera to the lens.

Next lens I unpacked was the Cyclop, then outside I went again. I had seen the pictures taken with this lens by martyn_ bannister, ovim, spotmatic, Nordentro, and others and was sure I knew how to make best advantage from it. After reviewing my first results, I have my tail between my legs. I must practice. I'll revive the "The One-Eyed Monster
" thread and post a few first results.

The next lens out of the box was the Helios 44-3. I'll report in the current Helios 44-2 thread.

More tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like Christmas!!