Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens Stash
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if any of you guys that talk to yorselves, also look for hairs on the palm of your hand?

I'd like to hear more of the Meyer/Pentacon 300s. I have the Tamron which is light and sharp, but the CA can annoy me,

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martyn: Here are my first pictures with this behemoth. This is a picture I've taken with many lenses with the intent of evaluating sharpness, bokeh, and CA in one shot. The white railing seems to bring out the CA. Based on what I've seen with other lenses, such as my beloved 135mm and 200mm Series 1, I think this Meyer did quite well, especially considering that the longer the focal length, typically the more CA.

First picture at f/4, second at f/5.6. Out of camera jpeg with only horizontal adjustment and contrast adjustment in PS. I found from all pictures that the contrast needed minimal correction, so this lens seems to have plenty of contrast. Can't complain about the bokeh. For me, a keeper.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Just wondering if any of you guys that talk to yorselves, also look for hairs on the palm of your hand?

I'd like to hear more of the Meyer/Pentacon 300s. I have the Tamron which is light and sharp, but the CA can annoy me,

No hairy hands here...LOL. I got rid of my Orestegor 300 f/4 to buy my K7. have regretted it ever since. Very sharp and the Blades are entertaining just opening and closing them. Almost hypnotizing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

Hair on palms stopped growing way back when I started dating the "right" kind of girls.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Martyn: Here are my first pictures with this behemoth. This is a picture I've taken with many lenses with the intent of evaluating sharpness, bokeh, and CA in one shot. The white railing seems to bring out the CA. Based on what I've seen with other lenses, such as my beloved 135mm and 200mm Series 1, I think this Meyer did quite well, especially considering that the longer the focal length, typically the more CA.

First picture at f/4, second at f/5.6. Out of camera jpeg with only horizontal adjustment and contrast adjustment in PS. I found from all pictures that the contrast needed minimal correction, so this lens seems to have plenty of contrast. Can't complain about the bokeh. For me, a keeper.

Looks very good to me. "Horizontal adjustment" is for CA? How do you do that?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, camera was simply not level on tripod, so I adjusted the angle by cropping, using the bottom horizontal plane.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I unwrapped and tried out the Panagor Macro. Lens looks very good except for missing the rubber grip. No big deal. This lens quickly reminded me just how much I suck at macro.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the Jupiter 11 came out today. Very nice lens. CA seems very well controlled, with just a hint in certain pictures. Very nice bokeh at f/4, which changes rapidly thereafter, although still not troublesome. Good sharpness, even excellent stopped down a notch.