Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[C&C] Airbus A400M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: [C&C] Airbus A400M Reply with quote

Some pics with my new toy, a 5DII with a 70-200/2.8 L USM, processed by DxO:

Airbus A400M - _MG_3473 by indianadinos, on Flickr

Airbus A400M - _MG_3481 by indianadinos, on Flickr

The sky color difference is due to the lack of an hood on the lens (bought used) ...

More pictures available on my Flickr Spotting set here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot and love those props. I also have the body lense combo and it rocks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: [C&C] Airbus A400M Reply with quote

Nice shots with a dream combo!

indianadinos wrote:

The sky color difference is due to the lack of an hood on the lens (bought used) ...

Plus, the first one seems to be overexposed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indiana, I don't think that a lens hood would have made a difference at that shooting angle (pointing at the sky). Simply the lens would not handle the situation... but, what would you expect from an L lens? Wink
I also think with Carsten that the difference in sky colour is mostly due to the exposure.

Oh by the way, I see on your blog that we share a lot of the music that you like Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Indianadinos:

Nice shots - I like the second.

My 2p worth of C&C...

The first shot has the sun just off to the right - you can see that the image is more washed out on that side so I can't help but think that a hood would have helped a bit for that shot due to the glare. It does appear over-exposed to me too though.

As for the second shot, a hood wouldn't make any real difference as the sun is behind the photographer.

I've found partial metering to be more consistent than evaluative for aircraft so that plus a hood might be worth a try.

IMHO...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of "joke mode" (I always like to joke about L lenses Twisted Evil ), I don't think the flare is particularly bad in the first image... It actually adds to the atmosphere... in all meanings of the word!

Without the flare the picture may have looked like a toy plane. Which sometimes may look nice but sometimes not. Flare suggests atmosphere and this adds to realism.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those counter rotating props.

C&C-> sun is your worst enemy at these shots, not equipment.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for your advices ...

I have tried compensating the overexposure in the first pic and, effectively, the sky is rendered much better ... Should have tried this before, instead of relying only on the image histogram Crying or Very sad ...

@bob955i: Thanks for the hint, the next time i will try the partial metering for spotting (i should really setup the Cx modes on the camera) ...

@orio: David Sanborn, Mezzoforte, Steps Ahead or Casiopea ?

Thanks again to all, i really understand that i have to practice more with the new camera and lens, quite different from my K10D ...