Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

more Kathmandu with Auto Tak f2/55, CZ Ultron f1.8/50 ++
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: more Kathmandu with Auto Tak f2/55, CZ Ultron f1.8/50 ++ Reply with quote

more from my recent stay in Kathmandu
taken mostly with Auto Takumar f2/55 + 3x CZ Ultron f1.8/50, 2 x Super Takumar f3.5/24 and 1x f1.9/85 on Pentax K-x

'street' around a bazaar area late evening, early night

all above Auto Takumar 2/55

2 from the 'Durbar Square' taken with the Super Takumar 3.5/24

three from around the 'Svayambunath temple' taken with the CZ Ultron f1.8/50, the first two wide open:

two more of the 'religious theme', butter lamps taken with the Auto Tak 2/55

and one more..Wink Super Tak 1.9/85

To view them in full size, and other photos from 2 weeks in Kathmandu: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157624782567269/

best greetings,
Andreas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one is spot on. It looks like a movie scene.
Excellent capture Andreas!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:

+1 stunning!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating place and some lovely shots. I like number 11, but as has been said, the last is the stand-out shot of the set.

K.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Himself wrote:

+1 stunning!

+2
and all the series is top class

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11,12 and the last one are really good to me .... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 same woman?
6 tells a story
11 wow! opening drab-color door to colorful riches, purse ready.
12 action!
19 action, attitude

I am going against others to say movies are like #19 reality, not the other way around. Laughing

Thank you so much for sharing!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent!!

simply great and no comment Smile !

thanks

tf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful series Andreas! All really great, but the last one really has something special to it,
as well as the girl looking at the fabric. You have a very gifted eye for such scenes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for #17
the flames play make for an incredible composition.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12, 19 are really great due capture of hectic atmosphere of city. Very nice series.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no 17 in a super series, is my favourite

how did you manage the direction of the flames ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much for looking and commenting.
sorry for the late reply, I have been a bit busy..

thank's Himself, Attila, Kris and Poilu.
You above all pointed out the last one, and also No.11, they are my favs too, and also 17 Wink

for the last one:

I was lucky, first because, just when I had spotted her in the distance - the photo shown already is a crop showing about 70% of the original frame -
I had the 1.9/85 mounted, and secondly because my focusing, which must have been faster than the fastest AF Wink was - almost - spot on.

No11:

was easy, she just was stopping, almost like hiding next to the open door, amidst a very busy place, she had a private aura which I could not but notice.

No 12, Danikatia, yes, think I got the balance of movement and stillness right on this one.

visualopsins a great observation on #4:

I guess you are right, it is her on the poster! ( and I hope on your monitor it is not as dark as was when I viewed it some days ago on someone else's computer, loosing all the details in the dark areas )
#6 I took 2, and both together tell the story even better. Actually I had taken quite a few series of 2 or 3 this time of which I think it would be best to view them together.

thank's Stan and Klaus, I think this series is as good as my photography has become, I hope that I can keep it up Wink

Oh, Orio you did notice the flames, #17. I hope much, or because you like it I suppose that you also see the shape of the smoke of the bigger lamp? I like the shape of this smoke a lot, but I am not sure if it can be seen on your, the viewers, monitors. It may be too dark, my notebook's monitor on which I edit is a very bright

spleeone thank's,
and Einrahmer, the wind around must have shaped the flames.
These butter lamps are in a cage like table in front of a Hindu temple in a busy intersection in the bazaar area of town. The shape of this 'cage' or / and the intersection with 5 roads with multistory building must make for the 'multidirected' winds, see one of the roads leading away from there:

and though I had wished for more space on top of the big flame, I think I did a good job cropping, see the much less spectacular original, and the cage like table with differing opening for wind to gush all around:

thank you again everybody for looking and commenting,
best greetings,
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:

Oh, Orio you did notice the flames, #17. I hope much, or because you like it I suppose that you also see the shape of the smoke of the bigger lamp? I like the shape of this smoke a lot, but I am not sure if it can be seen on your, the viewers, monitors. It may be too dark, my notebook's monitor on which I edit is a very bright

Now that you point me to it, I can see it, yes it's interesting also. The whole shot was a magical moment.

Great series anyway, thanks for sharing!! It's so refreshing to see these street life photos! Really a change from the usual, especially for me who have never been there. So I hope that you keep sharing!