Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ewe - few shots from UK
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Ewe - few shots from UK Reply with quote

Contax 50&85 both 1.4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #4, for the gaze and the composition, and the fact that she seems more comfortable with the camera than in other shots.

I would consider shooting something not wide open. For instance, in the street portrait, a f/2 aperture would have smoothed the harshness of bokeh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I like #4, for the gaze and the composition, and the fact that she seems more comfortable with the camera than in other shots.

I would consider shooting something not wide open. For instance, in the street portrait, a f/2 aperture would have smoothed the harshness of bokeh.

Thx for reply. I like shooting wide open or f/2. Sometimes i like more DoF - usually when i use strobes Wink
Btw i like harsh bokeh of Contax 50/1.4 Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey what a lovely series! I especially head solders portraits, she has amazing eyes. All are very well done.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are all great and I like the bokeh a lot!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karabud wrote:

Thx for reply. I like shooting wide open or f/2.

But that's what I said: f/2
Stopping down more would create a different type of photo. But f/2 would just smooth out the highlights in the bokeh without focusing the background sensibly.
But on the other hand, if that type of background is what you wanted, then it's fine Wink I think that it fights with your subject, but to everyone his own...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
karabud wrote:

Thx for reply. I like shooting wide open or f/2.

But that's what I said: f/2
Stopping down more would create a different type of photo. But f/2 would just smooth out the highlights in the bokeh without focusing the background sensibly.
But on the other hand, if that type of background is what you wanted, then it's fine Wink I think that it fights with your subject, but to everyone his own...

In this particular shot i prefer f/1.4 because of harser rndering, round oofs and thinner DoF Wink f/2 will be better for some reasons you menetion.

Little bonus Contax 1,4/35

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb series, beautiful Ewe
so what is your position for strobes, you got great result with the Samyang but I think natural light with the Zeiss is also top class

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked
i have no words..... amazing...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
superb series, beautiful Ewe
so what is your position for strobes, you got great result with the Samyang but I think natural light with the Zeiss is also top class

Thank you and all Smile Zeiss are much better with natural light(most of these pics are taken late without superb light)
Yes, now i must try Zeiss+strobes Smile I like to use them because of softer light, better sharpness and fill shadows.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful serie, lovely model and beautiful lenses as well Very Happy ....
Like orio, my fav is #4, perfect shot with smooth bokeh....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very nice, my favs being 5 and 7.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning color. #5 is my fave.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!
Superb, I like them all, great shots!