Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Good deal or bad deal?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Good deal or bad deal? Reply with quote

A super-ikonta A, 1948, fairly well used (rubbed corners) for £44.

It's got the Schneidar Xenar lens. Vendor apparently inherited a collection and assumes everything works but doesn't know for sure (seems to be true, he's got a bunch of classics up for sale). He identified this one as a Zeiss Compur.

Anyway, it's mine now. I guess if it works it was a great deal and if it doesn't then it's probably worth that much anyway. Is that a reasonable assessment?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know nothing about this camera, but I'd like to hear your experience Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to wait a bit, I'm having it sent to my son in England. I won't get my hands on it for a month.

The Super-Ikontas were the very top of Zeiss Ikon's range, with coupled rangefinders. They are the cameras the Russians decided to copy with the Moskva range. In good condition the asking prices for super-Ikontas are similar to Bessas.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulC wrote:
You'll have to wait a bit, I'm having it sent to my son in England. I won't get my hands on it for a month.

The Super-Ikontas were the very top of Zeiss Ikon's range, with coupled rangefinders. They are the cameras the Russians decided to copy with the Moskva range. In good condition the asking prices for super-Ikontas are similar to Bessas.

I have one too , still wait for testing I have 516/32 looks nice.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

516/32 .... ?

516 was the wartime Nettar with double-exposure prevention. Not sure what the /32 version would do. /16 was 6x6 and /2 was 6x9.

BTW this thread is already on Google.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/zeiss-ikon-super-ikonta-532-16-t31953.html

This is mine , it was pretty fast isn't it ? Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! 532/16. Nice. But why are there diffraction ring colours visible in the lens? Not that it is likely to affect anything.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately just crappy shoot , lens is clear.