Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss-IKON Super Ikonta 532/16
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Zeiss-IKON Super Ikonta 532/16 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1938 yes, shutter version and both body & lens serial prove it.

This must have belonged to no more than a few persons in its lifetime, one of the best condition I have seen ever. The leatherette is not bumpy either, which means it has not seen much use. You are very lucky to find one in this condition today - have a look at the junk that's for sale on eBay Rolling Eyes and then compare with yours.

I need to pick up mine from the repair store and post photos, mine is 1938 as well but it probably served in Stalingrad judging by the looks...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is in pristine shape! What a waste, you have it...I'm kidding! Laughing

What lens does it have?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
1938 yes, shutter version and both body & lens serial prove it.

This must have belonged to no more than a few persons in its lifetime, one of the best condition I have seen ever. The leatherette is not bumpy either, which means it has not seen much use. You are very lucky to find one in this condition today - have a look at the junk that's for sale on eBay Rolling Eyes and then compare with yours.

I need to pick up mine from the repair store and post photos, mine is 1938 as well but it probably served in Stalingrad judging by the looks...

I think hard to find because war time camera and professional level, means was less sold than simpler ones and they get more miles.

Today I did finish first role, it works like a swiss watch...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Wow, that is in pristine shape! What a waste, you have it...I'm kidding! Laughing

What lens does it have?

Carl Zeiss Jena 8cm Tessar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Tessars, sharp lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I like Tessars, sharp lenses.

Yes, top performers. As you know I have a Welta Weltur with RF and Tessar I rate it minimum equal as Bessa II Color-Skopar or Heliar.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot you have the Welta Weltur! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentacon Ercona II has a very capable Tessar too, but no RF and this camera is cheap usually.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Pentacon Ercona II has a very capable Tessar too, but no RF and this camera is cheap usually.

Is this a medium format folder?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, 6x9 + 6x6 insert , nice one.

http://www.mflenses.com/fs.php?sw=ercona

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
yes, 6x9 + 6x6 insert , nice one.

http://www.mflenses.com/fs.php?sw=ercona

Looks like another well-built folder from the era.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally found a nice one, a beautiful camera this is! Unfortunately, the lens needed internal cleaning - the rear element was easy enough, but when doing the front element the gearing to the rf prism slipped and at that point, I was at sea! I could collimate the rf easily enough, and collimate the lens easily enough, but failed to take the tab that links lens to gear into account... with the result that I lost the collimation. I spent some quality sleepless time last night pondering this, and now I believe I have it figured out, just need time to do the work.

I believe this will work:
1) with gear in gear, adjust the rf to good infinity. Remove the gear ring that links lens to the rest.
2) adjust front cell to correct infinity focus, without touching the rf gear
3) having noted the relation of the tab on the lens relative to where the trim ring screw holes are, gently move the tab to the correct position... attach the trim ring.
4) put the large gear ring back making sure nothing moves - there's a matching mark, line that up as well just for Germanic completeness...
5) get the outside trim back on; this involves moving the lens to minimum focus for max clearance.

That's my theory, and I'll stick to it. Wink