Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comments on Voigtlander Zoom 36-82mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Comments on Voigtlander Zoom 36-82mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Made in West Germany Razz
I saw this huge front element and inmediatly caught my attention. And, its surprising to see a fixed 2.8 zoom glass from those old days... to tell you the truth, it looks like terminator or something!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never actually seen the lens.
http://www.kilfitt.org/Lenses/Zoomar_38_82.htm

I been ogling for its soviet copy Rubin 1, but it is only Zenit 4, 5, 6. Couple of weeks ago such combo locally for 160 €, but didn't have the money then.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that was my first time too!
but that's not the one (maybe the optics), its this one:
http://www.kilfitt.org/Lenses/Zoomar_38_82.htm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair: it's a bad lens at today's standards. I believe Rino (Estudleon) on this forum had tried one for a while. I think he'll chime in soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i read it was good overall but pretty bad agains fixed-focal.
To be rude, i find lens-makers are a lil mediocre because the first zoom ever (this one!) was 2.8 all the way, and since then, i've seen the oly 35-100 f2 and the tokina/angenieux 28-70 2.6-2.8 been faster (and maybe few others i havent heard of) and i know being faster than 2.8 is a big chunk o' glass, but in 50 years you can redesign the formula to get it smaller...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are a collector (like I wanted to be time ago) sounds good to have the first zoom in 35 mm It's an impressive lens watched by itself with "his" form and great and plane front glass.

Here stop the good things of the lens to me. A lot of aberrations, not usable at F/2,8 nor F/4 nor F/5,6.

It's possible that all the copies that I had were a bad repairmen effects. Perhaps. But I will not try again. If I see it at one shop I will cross the street. Laughing

Seriuosly, a bad lens if "bad" can be said about a lens. And as it's a collector item (rear but not so), the price can be high.

Anybody does all that want to do. But you know what it is.

Rino

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Rubin Reply with quote

One is for sale or best offer at the moment on eBay! Less than $125!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross the street !!! Laughing Laughing

Rino.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: +He will bargain down to $85!!!!! Reply with quote

Just post some piccies OK!?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320588172182