Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Opton Di 25mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Opton Di 25mm 2.8 Reply with quote

Found this lens in local store. Is this lens similar to contax distagon? If any of you know something about this lens?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From time of cold war where Zeiss was not allowed to use the full names Di = Distagon; OPTON = Zeiss West (Oberkochen)

Sometimes the front ring could be removed and under it the real Zeiss inscripture could be found.

Mechanically/opticall fully ZEISS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
From time of cold war where Zeiss was not allowed to use the full names Di = Distagon; OPTON = Zeiss West (Oberkochen)

Yes i know but i din`t saw any C/Y Distagon like this one. I don`t know if there are any others 25mm Distagons with different optical formula...btw it`s m42 or pentax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Mechanically/opticall fully ZEISS

thx a lot!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C/Y did not exist at the time of Opton
If the lens is M42 then it's most likely for the Contax D SRL:

( original link: http://static.photo.net/attachments/bboard/00V/00VPGv-206319684.jpg )

This because Contaflex is bayonet, and Icarex TM was at a time when Zeiss West was not using Opton name anymore (and besides I think the wides for the Icarex were all named with Voigtlaender names such as Skoparex).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
C/Y did not exist at the time of Opton
If the lens is M42 then it's most likely for the Contax D SRL:

( original link: http://static.photo.net/attachments/bboard/00V/00VPGv-206319684.jpg )

This because Contaflex is bayonet, and Icarex TM was at a time when Zeiss West was not using Opton name anymore (and besides I think the wides for the Icarex were all named with Voigtlaender names such as Skoparex).

thx Orio, i thin i will not buy it, seems to be to old for a great wide angle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I did not mean you should buy one, just trying to possibly reference this odd lens (I never read of or saw an Opton Distagon 2.8/25 before).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware of, Oberkochen/Opton did not make lenses for the then DDR cameras. There really was a Distagon 25/2.8 for the Contarex though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you, I'd get it. Just to get known to it and for a possible future trade or sale!
Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seele wrote:
As far as I am aware of, Oberkochen/Opton did not make lenses for the then DDR cameras. There really was a Distagon 25/2.8 for the Contarex though.

Karabud reports it's a M42 mount lens. Contarex is bayonet.
Also Contarex seems late to be branded "Opton".
The Opton lenses that I have are all from the 50s.
Contarex system was made in the 60s.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Seele wrote:

Now i know it`s bayonet type but don`t know exactly which - just know that this lens is in local store. Thx guys.
exaklaus - will check lens condition and if it`s good will send you pm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Seele wrote:

Oberkochen continued to label its lenses Opton for sale in countries where Jena owned the Zeiss name for many years after they adopted the "Carl Zeiss" name, including some for the 6X6 Rolleiflex models.