Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Birch Wood - Pentax 6x7, SCM Pentax 6x7 55mm, Kodak TX 400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Birch Wood - Pentax 6x7, SCM Pentax 6x7 55mm, Kodak TX 400 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Channeling Ansel, eh? Though Ansel of course was tied to his f/64 thing, and you're going for the Tree-Bokeh. The big thing is the visual rhythm in a shot like this, and you got bebop syncopation goin.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, love it. It takes me straight back to my childhood when I ... errrr .... used to live in the woods.

I'm a bit worried that with this comment and my avatar I might be starting to give too much away Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man love those trees!!! Nothing compare to them, especially when the wind is blowing and the leafs make noise you'll never hear with some other sort of tree...
Missed em very much when I lived in Aachen.

Lot's of these in Russia, but in Europe I've only seen a couple of the Birches... but no Birch wood ever. Where was it shot?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad! Birches are wonderful trees esp. ins spring when then
show their fresh green

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful strong image, perfect B&W subject!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this one a bunch, Rense. Film seems to stretch you ...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vulko wrote:
Man love those trees!!! Nothing compare to them, especially when the wind is blowing and the leafs make noise you'll never hear with some other sort of tree...

i completely agree. in czechia, we have lot of those, trust me. we even have 3 or 4 in our garden (and yes, they are great at windy days Smile.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all! Yes, we have enough of these birches, but they act as pioneer species here, and they are replaced by oaks and beech in time. Therefore, you hardly see real birch woods here, at least not as extensive as I've seen in Siberia Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent b&w picture

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful