Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some "sportive" shots with Leica 8/500mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Some "sportive" shots with Leica 8/500mm Reply with quote

Hi!
Some shots from my boy's Hockey team with the Leica 8/500...
All pictures without PP and/or sharpen, just here and there little cropping and resized for the web. Because my (new) monitor is not yet calibrated, I'm not sure about the colours and rendering, please do not hesite to let me know if the colors are ok or not!
1/
2/
3/
4/
5/
6/
7/
8/
9/
10/

Thats' it!
Thanks for looking.......

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series ! Great captures! I love this lens really !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear pich900.

Very bad colours, the lens is AWFUL .. the sharpness is one of the worst I have ever seen .. and send the lens to me, please! Smile

and bad joke on my side, of course Smile

FANTASTIC LENS .. in all aspects. Propably the best mirror (?).

Can the Zeiss Mirotar be a competition to this lens?

thanks for sharing.

tf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! some serious skill to manual focus at 500mm, great result

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your nice words Very Happy ...
@trifox: I have no idea if it's the best mirror but it's for sure good enought for me Laughing ....and never heard about the Zeiss Mirotar Confused .....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Thanks all for your nice words Very Happy ...
@trifox: I have no idea if it's the best mirror but it's for sure good enought for me Laughing ....and never heard about the Zeiss Mirotar Confused .....

Not sure, the Mirotar is much more rare and expensive. Maybe the same league ? Looking for a longer time for the Mirotar - but it is like a 5 within the Lotto/totto to get one.

Nice pics Pascal and welcome to the 500er club Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next one what should you look for Carl Zeiss Jena 500mm f4.5 Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am impressed by your ability at focusing this lens in action shots. I did try the same yesterday and got an impressive percentage of missed (and I consider myself good at manual focusing action).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Next one what should you look for Carl Zeiss Jena 500mm f4.5 Laughing

Good idea Attila. What is the weight ? > 5 kg ?. Have enough with my Tak 5/500.

Was this morning at the orthopedist and into the MRT. Have a disc prolapse between 4/5 and 5/6 and will get approx. 30 syringes into this area in the next 2 weeks.

For sure - when I will take pics in that time then only with a lightweight lens and cam. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know I guess less than 3 kg , and even more faster F4 Shocked

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/czj_spiegelobjektiv_500mm_f4/carl_zeiss_jena_spiegelobjektiv_500mm_f4-11.jpg.html

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/czj_spiegelobjektiv_500mm_f4/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Attila"]Don't know I guess less than 3 kg , and even more faster F4 Shocked

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/czj_spiegelobjektiv_500mm_f4/carl_zeiss_jena_spiegelobjektiv_500mm_f4-11.jpg.html

Shocked
perfect for street photography Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Don't know I guess less than 3 kg , and even more faster F4 Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked ......nice toy but you have to be a "superman" to carry it Rolling Eyes !!! No tripod need with the 800g from the Leica Very Happy

@Orio: For this kind of lens (and especially for action shots), the (very) good viewfinder of the D700 is for sure a big help....I usually don't look to the AF confirm (no time for action shots) and I've got generally (only!) about 50% missed focusing....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:

@Orio: For this kind of lens (and especially for action shots), the (very) good viewfinder of the D700 is for sure a big help....I usually don't look to the AF confirm (no time for action shots) and I've got generally (only!) about 50% missed focusing....

My problem was the luminosity. Focusing through f/8 aperture on moving subjects proved to be too hard on my eyes. Still I managed to salvage a few ones.