Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bessa on the beach
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Bessa on the beach Reply with quote

I'll post a few as I scan and work them. I actually loaded the Bessa I on the beach (dumb, but the light leaks aren't bad) with Ilford Pan-F+, which is an ASA 50 film. I used a Series VI lens hood and vintage polarizer "Pioneer Polaroid" which is slightly brown. Development in D76 1:1, Epson 4490 scan. Voigtlander Bessa I Vaskar 6x9 folder. Focus and exposure via educated guess. This is daughter Lilly and her friend, the two of them do some excellent photography together.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bessa on the beach Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
I'll post a few as I scan and work them. I actually loaded the Bessa I on the beach (dumb, but the light leaks aren't bad) with Ilford Pan-F+, which is an ASA 50 film. I used a Series VI lens hood and vintage polarizer "Pioneer Polaroid" which is slightly brown. Development in D76 1:1, Epson 4490 scan. Voigtlander Bessa I Vaskar 6x9 folder.

Focus and exposure via educated guess.

You'd lost me there... right until that last sentence Laughing It works for me though.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning tonal range and 3D ...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I'm not sure I got quite what I wanted, I 'focused' on the tidal pool and branch.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The couple walking in the bottom pic, despite the relative distance, have 3D pop, too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No longer on the beach, and no more vintage polarizer...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Thanks - I'm not sure I got quite what I wanted, I 'focused' on the tidal pool and branch.

I love this one, it is the kind of sea picture that I long to make - where the shore seems infinite.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing sharpness in the non-beach pic ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you... it was funny, as this was the first time I used the vintage polarizer, it's a bit brown rather than neutral... so at the beach I decided on b&w instead of color. In retrospect, color film would have done well too, next time.

Here's a windmill under restoration

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a wonderfully alive shot. That bird makes it ...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice... that beach shots or that great capture of windmill