Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Formula 5 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Formula 5 lens Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy I got a 135mm f2.8 Formula 5 lens , can't wait to try it out Laughing Any experience ?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Attila, you know the game, you need to show us some photos Wink

Then we can tell you that there's no such thing as a bad 135mm prime lens Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and post some pictures, I have my Visine bottle uncapped... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Come on Attila, you know the game, you need to show us some photos Wink

Then we can tell you that there's no such thing as a bad 135mm prime lens Laughing

Yes, I did never find any yet Laughing Now it's raining weekend hopefully will be better I have tons of new stuff , thanks for Bill who is collect me many things at his house and ship them to me in batch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Go ahead and post some pictures, I have my Visine bottle uncapped... Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Formula 5 lens Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy I got a 135mm f2.8 Formula 5 lens , can't wait to try it out Laughing Any experience ?

Lot of Formula 5 lenses are ozone made = very good quality

The origin has to be confirmed with a pic of the lense

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I will post picture from lens later.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with Formula 5 lenses was about the same as with other old third-party brands. This is to say, it's probably a decent 135mm, but hardly spectacular.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Formula 5 lens Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
Attila wrote:

Is Ozone the company that made the ozeck lenses?

I read some very good reviews of ozeck lenses once, I think they were scanned in magazine reviews.

Who else did ozone make lenses for? They don't seem to be as well known as some of the other lens makers from the era

Last edited by fatdeeman on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can remember that I owned a Formular 5 lens 30 years ago. Wait for your pics too Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Formula 5 lens Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:
PBFACTS wrote:
Attila wrote:

I read some very good reviews of ozeck lenses once, I think they were scanned in magazine reviews.

Who else did ozone make lenses for? They don't seem to be as well known as some of the other lens makers from the era

Here are the scans, I uploaded them a while back:

http://www.monkeyjumpers.co.uk/Pics/oz/oz1.jpg
http://www.monkeyjumpers.co.uk/Pics/oz/oz2.jpg
http://www.monkeyjumpers.co.uk/Pics/oz/oz3.jpg
http://www.monkeyjumpers.co.uk/Pics/oz/oz4.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could identify an Oczek lens Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Formula 5 lens Reply with quote

fatdeeman wrote:

YES

fatdeeman wrote:
Who else did ozone make lenses for?

vivitar, Soligor ....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideal portrait lens for most woman above twenty Smile
Closest working distance is 2,5m I guess worst one what I ever seen, fairly compact lens.

#1 wide open

#2 f8

#3 f8

#4 f8

#5 f8

#6 wide open

#7 wide open

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in #5 you lost your focusing rubber - reassemble it and it will be sharp Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks OK at close distances, but appalling at infinity Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, infinity is harder for both camera and lenses too. If anybody want this lens free to open and practice lens cleaning let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Formula 5 lens Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Ferrari's place is not far from here, so I am only experienced with Formula 1 Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Oh this lens built in past for future... if this commercial trend continuing we will get this quality on all stuff not just on socks and trousers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can't be that bad! I think it might focus beyond infinity, or does not reach infinity... can't be that soft at a distance!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is possible.

Hi-res images are here.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/othermaker/formula_5__135mm_f2_8/