Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

chipped QBM to EOS conversion kit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: chipped QBM to EOS conversion kit Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I saw a QBM to EOS conversion kit which allow the placement of the AF confirmation chip by replacing the original QBM mount. (I am unsure it is already old news so let me know if it is.) The seller says this is very easy to do the conversion for QBM lenses with three screws at the back and little bit difficult for the five screws verisons.

Cheers

Last edited by calvin83 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to order this kit? And how much would it be?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought serveal time from this supplier.

Last edited by calvin83 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:09 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could you get those for some of us? Is there a way to do that?

If my 28mm lens is a three-screw-model, I would be very interested!
(Need to check later...)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested if they reach infinity without hitting the mirror in 5dII & 1.8/50mm Planar !!!

Last edited by Keysersoze27 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
How could you get those for some of us? Is there a way to do that?

If my 28mm lens is a three-screw-model, I would be very interested!
(Need to check later...)

This is a supplier in China which desgin and sell adaptor in their own brand. (I do not have any connnection with them but purchase adaptor few times.)

Last edited by calvin83 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keysersoze27 wrote:
I'm interested if they reach infinity without hitting the mirror in 5dII & 1.8/50mm Planar ?

I do not know since i do not own either one of them. Probably it will hit the mirror since the adaptor has a flange to push the aperture pin of the QBM lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely want a couple of those! (Preferrably with the AF chip). How do you place an order?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
I definitely want a couple of those! (Preferrably with the AF chip). How do you place an order?

Although i have confident on their product and heard some positive comments, but i am unsure it will work with all lenses as diferent lens may have different design in the rear part(like the Carl Zeiss HFT 135mm f2.Cool. It would be great if a forum member buy a couple of these, convert them, test them on a full-frame DSLR like 5D and give some feedbacks before a bulk purchase.

Note: The conversion is reversible.

Last edited by calvin83 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how is it possible to buy one to test? I'm ready to become a guinea pig for this one (I'll take your advise and get one without the chip).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can order you a copy and it will avaliable within days if i place the order in weekdays. Check your message box.

Any more person who like to try it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I can order you a copy and it will avaliable within days if i place the order in weekdays. Check your message box.

I've checked. All my QBM lenses have three screws. So I would like to order one as well.
I can check on four lenses (Rolleinar 2.8/28, Planat 1.8/50, Xenar 3.5/135 and a 80-200).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

I've checked. All my QBM lenses have three screws. So I would like to order one as well.
I can check on four lenses (Rolleinar 2.8/28, Planat 1.8/50, Xenar 3.5/135 and a 80-200).

Great! You have a message. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM replied, I'd like to get one. Will test with Rolleinar 85/2.8.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adapter kit arrived today. That was quick!
It seems to be very well built and it was easy to mount.

The screws that came with it were a little too small for the threads of my Rolleinar 2.8/28, but fortunately the original black screws fit to the adapter well. Just the one tiny black screw that goes into the smaller whole of the adapter was necessary. I needed to fix that with a little superglue.

Well, it works! I can use the Rolleinar 2.8/28 on my 5D (I had sanded the rear part down a little) and at f/5.6 I get almost infinity. Very Happy

Thank you very much indeed, calvin83! Your service is greatly appreciated!!

This set is a definite recommendation for anybody who wants to use QBM-lenses on an EOS cam.

And calvin83 is a fantastic and very reliable partner!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
The adapter kit arrievd today. That was quick!

The screws that came with it were a little too small for the threads of my Rolleinar 2.8/28, but fortunately the original black screws fit to the adapter well. Just the one tiny black screw that goes into the smaller whole of the adapter was necessary. I needed to fix that with a little superglue.

Well, it works! I can use the Rolleinar 2.8/28 on my 5D (I had sanded the rear part down a little) and at f/5.6 I get alomst infinity. Very Happy

Thank you very much indeed, calvin83! Your service is greatly appriciated!!

This set is definite recommendation for anybody who wants to use QBM-lenses on an EOS cam.

It is my pleasure. Wink

It is great to hear the adaptor works fine. The infinity issue is one of the problem that i concern most especially on wide lenses(the manufacture design this kit from a copy of Rollei HFT 1.8/50). Let's wait for more comments from aoleg.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It is my pleasure. Wink

It is great to hear the adaptor works fine. The infinity issue is one of the problem that i concern most especially on wide lenses(the manufacture design this kit from a copy of Rollei HFT 1.8/50). Let's wait for more comments from aoleg.

Not so fast Smile It takes at least a couple of weeks to get here - I'll report as soon as I install it on my Rolleinar 85/2.8.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Well, it works! I can use the Rolleinar 2.8/28 on my 5D (I had sanded the rear part down a little) and at f/5.6 I get alomst infinity. Very Happy

This set is definite recommendation for anybody who wants to use QBM-lenses on an EOS cam.

I will really appreciate to know if you have test it with the Planar 1.8/50mm?
I own an adapter from Adriano Lolli and I'm getting from it around 40~50 meters infiniti not more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keysersoze27 wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

I will really appreciate to know if you have test it with the Planar 1.8/50mm?
I own an adapter from Adriano Lolli and I'm getting from it around 40~50 meters infiniti not more.

Sorry, I'm not going to test it on the Planar. The Planar cannot be used on a 5D, not because of the adapter but because of the rear part of the lens. I have fixed an QBM-EOS adapter to my Planar that will live there forever. And now this new replacing mount lives on my Rolleinar. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a QBM Voigtlander Color-Ultron 55mm 1.4 that's extremely nice but does not focus at infinity until f8 or something like that.

I'm not using a fulle-frame body though, but a small 1000D. Would this new adapter still fix my infinity focus problem ?

If it's the case and if I can get a focus-confirm chip on it I'd be very interested in getting one of these Smile.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oscillateur wrote:
Hi,

I have a QBM Voigtlander Color-Ultron 55mm 1.4 that's extremely nice but does not focus at infinity until f8 or something like that.

I'm not using a fulle-frame body though, but a small 1000D. Would this new adapter still fix my infinity focus problem ?

If it's the case and if I can get a focus-confirm chip on it I'd be very interested in getting one of these Smile.

Thanks.

Is that the AR-version?

You can easily tune this lens to infinity.
Try the search function. I think it has been explained here already.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oscillateur wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

I am not sure about it. It seems they do not test their adaptor in every QBM lens so i don't know if it will fix the infinity focus problem. In General, the longer focal length, the higher chance to get infinity.

LucisPictor has mentioned the way to fix it. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers. I'll try the method described in the other topic, I hope it'll work Smile.

Even if I can get the lens to properly focus at infinity wide open, I think I'd be interested in getting a chipped adapter... Do you have more information about it (i.e. where to buy it, etc.). I only saw classic QBM-EOS adapters on ebay (like the one I already have).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oscillateur wrote:
Thanks for the answers. I'll try the method described in the other topic, I hope it'll work Smile.

Even if I can get the lens to properly focus at infinity wide open, I think I'd be interested in getting a chipped adapter... Do you have more information about it (i.e. where to buy it, etc.). I only saw classic QBM-EOS adapters on ebay (like the one I already have).

At the moment, these adaptor are only avaliable in China. I guess someone in Hong Kong or China will put them on ebay in the near future when they read this post. Wink