Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Pancolar 2/50 + K200D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: CZJ Pancolar 2/50 + K200D Reply with quote

I like this little lens a lot...unfortunately it does suffer from fungus both back lens and front, but I do like the close focus and the way it captures the color.
#1 Auto fixed

#2 Straight from the camera

#3 Just playing with focusing on a front object

#4 Background focusing

#5 Just some moss...I have to try this lens with some tubes!

#6 Taken with the olympus Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news about that fungus...
but nice one. Can somebody compare it to Pancolar 50/1.8?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results. Too bad about the fungus, but if it affects the IQ it can be removed...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not got all the tools I need to do a proper job of cleaning, so it can wait until I do... Very Happy
I still love it even in this condition.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolar 50/2 is very sharp lens, but it's missed out a ibt, because it's quite rare (esp. copies in good condition).

spleenone: I have a 50/2, but I haven't single-coated 50/1.8. Comparision with MCed 50/1.8 would be quite unfair, because it would me more a comparision of coating than a comparision of lenses...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
Bad news about that fungus...
but nice one. Can somebody compare it to Pancolar 50/1.8?

About same, nice lens.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/pancolar_001/

Lovely pictures Mo! Congrats for both camera and lens!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila I am loving the freedom of the Digital Camera and the beauty of the older glass and metal lenses...here's a recent shot from today.I like trees and things so forgive the blandness.I think this came out sharp....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colours are fantastic! I'm really glad you're enjoying the DSLR Smile

P.s. Great lens - I have my Star Wars 50/2 Pancolar on display, but should really use it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please drag it out and show us...I have my eye on one at the moment...fingers crossed...in a few days time,I may have one Very Happy I am really impressed with the colors they show it how I see it. The late afternoon sun as we are coming into spring helps as well... Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:

spleenone: I have a 50/2, but I haven't single-coated 50/1.8. Comparision with MCed 50/1.8 would be quite unfair, because it would me more a comparision of coating than a comparision of lenses...

Attila wrote:

About same, nice lens.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/pancolar_001/

Thanks guys.
no-X you're right. Coating do lot of work. Can't wait till I recieve my cleaned Pancolar. Need to shot a roll if not dozens with it =)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Pancolar shots! I have both the 50/2 Star Wars Pancolar and the non-MC 50/1.8 (Zebra version) but I won't compare them either because the Zebra elements have considerably yellowed. And with considerably I mean really... considerably!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments...Spotmatic will the yellowing go away with sunlight bathing? or is it like old smokers fingers stained yellow permanently Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, Mo ...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok just one more... Very Happy Taken in the local bookshop.