Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica Elmarit R 135/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Leica Elmarit R 135/2.8 Reply with quote

I went walking through some of the Parks Victoria Gardens in the Dandenong Ranges again today, grabbed a few shots with the 135 Elmarit on my Sigma SD14. This lens is a beauty, a bit heavy but the colour is great.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing colours indeed!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish to see more from this park!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Wish to see more from this park!

+1 Beautiful park stunning work!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the comments, i usually lurk more than post, as i am often overwhelmed by the quality of the work here. I am starting to see the light though Very Happy

I am trying to be more active, but i don't have the knowledge of these lenses that most of you have, i just love using them.

Thanks for a wonderful place to share our experiences.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Great shots! I've got to admit I didn't know what is meant by Leica's "tonal gradation", but these images give me a clue. Wink
Was there any contrast added to these images?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning. Your lens collection could be the envy of anyone here. Keep the samples rolling - these are better than good.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Toni and Patrick,

Toni, these images were all processed in Sigmas SPP software, i typically don't add much contrast, but i do pull the shadow levels down, i do like darker images. Unfortunately when i process images in SPP i don't write the changes to the file, i always try and keep the original RAW, original. Unfortunately the software doesn't keep each individual files settings like LR does.

Here is a screen capture of the software settings, i have linked it as it is in my desktop resolution so all settings are clear.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r189/rangie86/General%20Photography/Leica%20Lenses/Elmarit%20135mm/screencapture.jpg

I also believe the Sigma has a lot to do with the image quality, there is always debate about the pro's and con's of the foveon chip, i personally think it is stunning and i hope we see the major brands head in this direction.

Thanks for the comments, greatly appreciated Very Happy