Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

COntax Distagon 2.8/45 samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: COntax Distagon 2.8/45 samples Reply with quote

I had forgotten how difficult it is to scan a velvia slide decently. What I was able to do is perhaps not even the 30% of the potential of the slides when projected on a wall. Anyway here it is:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I find remarkable of this distagon, is the corner performance. You can see, even at the rather low resolution of these samples, that the image quality is consistent from corner to corner. This may seem normal to a small format user but on medium format, with the large size of the lenses, it is really remarkable for a wide angle lens (45mm is equivalent to the 28mm of small format).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the corner-to-corner performance is really remarkable.

Have read, that few experts use this lens with a NAM-1 adapter at their Contax N1.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures must be great if the slides are properly projected! They are quite good on my humble monitor.