Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

cjz sonnar 180 2.8 wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: cjz sonnar 180 2.8 wanted Reply with quote

wanted sonnar 180 2.8 olympia.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sell one multicoated perfect for 250 Euros or alternatively another one also multicoated with a little dent on the filter ring and everything else perfect for 200 Euros.
Plus shipping and Paypal fee (if Paypal used).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

photo at my mail please
soletoenricofotografo@alice.it
thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

soleto enrico wrote:
photo at my mail please
soletoenricofotografo@alice.it
thanks

Of which one?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

photo of the lens perfect

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the lens. Mechanically perfect, optically perfect, aesthetically excellent, only some black paint loss on some edges.
Remember this is a lens for Pentacon 6. So you need an adapter from Pentacon 6 to your camera mount.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: cjz sonnar 180 2.8 wanted Reply with quote

soleto enrico wrote:
wanted sonnar 180 2.8 olympia.

i wanted olympia version..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I wrote to you in the private message, the original Olympia lens is:

1) for rangefinder camera (it was made - as far as I am aware - in two versions, for Contax bayonet and for Leica threadmount)

2) virtually unobtaineable

3) the very few pieces that surface every now and then reach astral prices.

ALL the following versions that were made for reflex cameras, including the one I sell, are derivatives, and are NOT the original Olympia lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not very clear subject
http://www.cameraquest.com/oly180.htm

I have several SLR version from above lenses with M42, Exakta and P6 mount , P6 mounts are butchered from M42 or Exakta.

http://mflenses.org/carl-zeiss-jena-olympic-sonnar-180mm-f28-lens-review.html

http://forum.mflenses.com/carl-zeiss-jena-olympic-sonnar-t-2-8-18cm-m42-t7230,highlight,sonnar+18cm.html

There is chrome version too what is fit for Orio's description.

From taunusreiter.de

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

http://mflenses.org/carl-zeiss-jena-olympic-sonnar-180mm-f28-lens-review.html

this is the version that i wanted

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, but that is post-war and thus not the original Olympia.
As far as I know (I may be wrong, but I don't think so), the original Olympia lens produced for the Olympics of 1936 was built as a rangefinder lens for Contax and Leica camera, and as a cine lens for movie cameras.
All the reflex versions of the Sonnar 2.8/180 should be post-war (as far as I am aware), and therefore not the original Olympia lens, but a redesign done to accomodate the original optical scheme to the different register distance. And of course with an almost 20 years distance everything is not comparable anymore (build, design, materials, factory location - and of course historical value...).

-

Last edited by Orio on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

its possible,but i wanted this

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

soleto enrico wrote:
its possible,but i wanted this

OK, now I understand the version that you want - but the "Olympia" description, if taken literally, does not belong to the version that you want any more than to the version that I am selling...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I have several SLR version from above lenses with M42, Exakta and P6 mount , P6 mounts are butchered from M42 or Exakta.

I read recently (don't remember where) that only rangefinder and kino versions were made in 1936 and that all reflex photocamera versions are post-war.
But that should be easy to verify, by reading the serial numbers - Zeiss Jena serials are pretty much well verified with regards to date precision.
Maybe Klaus can help?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila wrote:

I read recently (don't remember where) that only rangefinder and kino versions were made in 1936 and that all reflex photocamera versions are post-war.
But that should be easy to verify, by reading the serial numbers - Zeiss Jena serials are pretty much well verified with regards to date precision.
Maybe Klaus can help?

All of mine are post-war that for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

I wanted to know which version is better optically?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

soleto enrico wrote:
I wanted to know which version is better optically?

As far as I know there should not have been major optical changes in the Jena lenses from the 1936 version, except of course that the reflex version was modified to provide a different registration distance to focus plane.

The main differences would be in:
1- materials
2 - coatings

Many think that the materials used in the pre-war lenses were of better quality than those of post-war. This is most likely true at least with regards to the Jena (DDR) post-war lenses. Oberkochen (BRD) is a different story.

As for coating, of course the multicoated version (the one I sell) provides better contrast and better flare control.
But, there is people who like the weaker contrast and flare defects of older single coated or uncoated lenses better.
It depends of course from what you want to do with the lens.

-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is still for sale if someone is interested.
I also have a cheaper one at 200 Euros, also optically and mechanically perfect, it only has a small ding on the ring filter, filters and lens hoods already mount at least halfway and after the ring will be fixed they will load fully for sure again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there are some optical differences but Sonnar is very sharp in every piece. I read somewhere possibly at mflenses that Olympia is better. Even zebra Sonnar is optically more solid then MC version which is better in contrast. If I'm wrong correct me. Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
I think that there are some optical differences but Sonnar is very sharp in every piece. I read somewhere possibly at mflenses that Olympia is better. Even zebra Sonnar is optically more solid then MC version which is better in contrast. If I'm wrong correct me. Cheers

They have copy variant issues , all excellent sharp lens if not tampered, but some of them stunning.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: 1 Reply with quote

yesterday i buy a leica r180mm 2.8 for my 5d mk2.
i hope this lens is good such as sonnar 180mm