Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Random Shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Some Random Shots Reply with quote

Spotmatic SPii, Super-Tak 24mm with orange filter, Ilford Pan-F, Rodinal 1:50 for 11 mins.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you Martin, but imo there is something about b&w shots taken on film that can't be emulated in digital. Let's hope quality b&w film remains available in the future! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kit treats you very well, Martin. Lovely compositions and tones.

(I think I will have to try some slower speed film, but a tripod will be absolutely necessary. Shocked )

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very good darkroom work. I like especially #2 but the others are good as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, 2 and 3 are my faves, but a nice set, Martin! Pan F is on my want
list.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for second picture, too. There is something special on it. Do you use some filters?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful work Martin, indoors and out. I used PanF a lot when I was younger but I went off it because it was too contrasty, so you have controlled this extremely well. You've nudged me into giving it another go and I'll try it with a yellow filter. Might as well make use of this PanF weather while it lasts eh? Smile

No 2 is my fav too. It looks like a pic from one of those old 1930's travel books - timeless.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter - Yes, I can see that Pan F would be contrasty, but I think the key here is the 1:50 Rodinal. Whenever I use this method I am able to get better range of tones. In Ilfosol 3 I think the contrast would be very harsh.

spleenone wrote:
I vote for second picture, too. There is something special on it. Do you use some filters?

An orange filter (as suggested Laughing )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:

spleenone wrote:

An orange filter (as suggested Laughing )

Yes that colour is very usefull =) I should use it more or shot more sky.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Thanks Peter - Yes, I can see that Pan F would be contrasty, but I think the key here is the 1:50 Rodinal. Whenever I use this method I am able to get better range of tones. In Ilfosol 3 I think the contrast would be very harsh.

I bought a bottle of what I thought was Rodinal but it turned out to be the "Spezial" variety, which I think is a different formula. Where do you get the ordinary kind?