Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm & 5D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm & 5D Reply with quote

Hi here

Her's another serie of portraits with my model, if you have some advices or thought , you're welcome.

5D and the infamous Planar 50mm 1.4 Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #2 and .....the last one Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Hexi
nice portraits and very nice model.
I only have one suggestion, if you want to make such near close-ups as #1 and #2, it's better to step back and use a longer lens (85mm or 135mm), because the 50mm used so close distorts the face features.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orio

Thank you for the advice, i'll practice more the 85.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice results! no need to go to the 80, stay with the 50 and make 1 step back

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice results! no need to go to the 80, stay with the 50 and make 1 step back

What I meant is, if he wants to make such tight closeups (the face almost fully fills the frame), it's better to use a longer lens from a longer distance to avoid distortion due to proximity.
Of course, if he steps back with a 50mm lens, he will still get great pictures, but they will be no tight closeups anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Of course, if he steps back with a 50mm lens, he will still get great pictures, but they will be no tight closeups anymore

I comment that way because I am not fan of tight closeups (good for passport pics)
for me a portrait is from head&shoulders to half body

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must call these eye shots Laughing I like this style myself at times, too bad for the shadows on the eye [#3]; she has such good color.

Last edited by Bruce on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fine lens - I use mine on a 1.6x sensor and it comes out fine used like this. So I can say Orio's suggestion is pretty good

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
We must call these eye shots

It's actually the case Wink

3 first images are taken in indoor, window light, i admit pic 3 has bad light .. oh well i'll make plenty of other pix , thanx for all comments and advices folx .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hexi wrote:

3 first images are taken in indoor, window light, i admit pic 3 has bad light ..

I actually like much the lighting in #3
you may just brigthen up the eyes a bit in photoshop then it's perfect.