Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My very first stereo picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: My very first stereo picture Reply with quote

I was thinking about doing this for a while now, and last night I finally decided to try one out Smile I'm very pleased with the result and i'm sure i'll try this again in the future.

Shocked To view this properly you need a pair of red-cyan glasses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! What equipment did you use to produce this?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you do a version for crosseyed viewing?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made one quickly, so no glasses needed for viewing that crossed eye version ... pretty good shot actually! (the stereo window needed some adjustment - I adopted your idea and let the legs stick out that window...a violation of conventional rules, but who cares...)

Crossed eye viewing

Universal LRL version (crosseyed left + parallel right)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unfortunately don't eyeglasses have the
but cool Klaus really version is !

(sorry... uncrossing eyes...)

I don't have the eyeglasses unfortunately
but Klaus version is really cool !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio. Great that it works for you! Most people don't have such glasses laying
around at home, so I usually do the crossed eye version as for about 80% of all people that works.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus, you're right, I'll post both versions from now on.
Personally I can do crossed eye / parallel viewing only if the pictures are small and in this way most details are lost. On the other hand with anaglyph glasses you lose most color information.

I like the fact that taking this sort of pictures you can additionally play with the depth of the image, deciding what will "stick out" and what will seem deep.

I took the picture using my (one) Canon 500D with the Helios 44M-6. I actually took two pictures, about 7cm from one another. This works only for stationary subjects since you have to take your time...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

works great with anaglyph glasses, but i prefer looking at crosseye pictures!
thanks for sharing!!