Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which lenses to buy in Russia ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Which lenses to buy in Russia ? Reply with quote

Hi,

in August, I will be travelling to Russia, Moscow and Lipetsk/Voronezh area.
I would like to take the opportunity to buy some russian lenses, that would find use on my G1.

I do already have a little collection of Nikkor glass, so I am really looking for the exceptionnal little gems.

What should I go hunting for ?
Do you know names / adresses of good shops ?

TIA,
Rafael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically any Russian lens is good.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/

I can recommend all what you can see on above links.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helios 40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios 44, Jupiter 9, Tair-11...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Which lenses to buy in Russia ? Reply with quote

f6cvalkyrie wrote:
Hi,

in August, I will be travelling to Russia, Moscow and Lipetsk/Voronezh area.
I would like to take the opportunity to buy some russian lenses, that would find use on my G1.

I do already have a little collection of Nikkor glass, so I am really looking for the exceptionnal little gems.

What should I go hunting for ?
Do you know names / adresses of good shops ?

TIA,
Rafael

I believe the prices for foreigners won't be low and can easily exeed the ebay prices. The only benefit would be that you can see exactly what you buy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Which lenses to buy in Russia ? Reply with quote

dimitrygo wrote:

I believe the prices for foreigners won't be low and can easily exeed the ebay prices. The only benefit would be that you can see exactly what you buy.

And no shipping expenses. And no customs fees (if you are able to let controls believe the lenses came there with you)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, all,

thanks very much for your advice.

Don't worry about the prices for foreigners Smile
It would be rather difficult for them to tell me from the real russians.
And they could definitely not tell my wife from them, because she is a real russian Smile

C U,
Rafael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Raf Smile ,
I would go for the Volna-9 50/2.8 macro, Jupiter-9 85/2, Industar-61 50/2.8 macro ( the last 2, I have myself) and may be Rubinar mirror lenses like the 300/4.5 and the 500/5.6
That small Rubinar 300/4.5 looks like fun, although I don't know much about the quality of these mirror lenses. You can see them at rugfit.

Michiel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for the Volna 50 macro and the Helios 40

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can find a Volna-3 80mm 2.8 (Pentacon 6 Mount), pick that one up. It's an amazing piece of glass. I believe it was rebadged as an Arsat later on but it's exactly the same lens. Others to consider is the Mir 24, the J-9, and of course a Helios 40 if you can find one cheap. Best of luck. I envy you!

Chris W

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris W,
I have this lens in Kiev-88 mount. At Araxphoto I bought the Kiev-88 to Pentacon 6 adapter. I thought then I can put it on my M4/3 adapter but no way. Anyone knows about this problem?

Michiel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir 10A!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tair-11-2 silver version

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK OK last one!

Very Happy

MC VARIOZENITAR-K 2.8-3.5/25-45mm

I don't know if this is available in any other mount other than the K?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sculptur wrote:
Chris W,
I have this lens in Kiev-88 mount. At Araxphoto I bought the Kiev-88 to Pentacon 6 adapter. I thought then I can put it on my M4/3 adapter but no way. Anyone knows about this problem?

Michiel

My Pentacon 6 to EOS adapter had a twisting element on it that you turned to lock the lens in place. I remember it being a little tricky to get it on there at first. Maybe that's it? Also, there isn't a direct Kiev88 to m4/3 adapter?

Chris W

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll need a KAMAZ to bring all those lenses back home Very Happy

Thanks for your proposals, keep suggesting, I'll take a list to Russia, and see what I can find ...

C U
Rafael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 300mm telezenitar APO !?!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, grab a bunch of Helios lenses for $5 a piece and sell them on Ebay for $40 shipped from the US. They have to be a dime a dozen over there.