Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Er, buses!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Er, buses! Reply with quote

Our local bus depot is being knocked down and replaced with a supermarket Confused Anyway, as a last hurrah, modern buses were put away for the day and the old ones got a final swan song! And they attracted lots and lots of interest, loads of old boys with nice old film cameras Smile And me with the 40D, caught unexpectedly with the wrong lenses!

These were in use when I were a boy (ahhhh!)

Not so much these ones Laughing

Definately not these ones!!!!

Messing about with Lightroom...

And again...

One more time...

Just to clarify, I'm NOT a bus spotter...I was just in the right place at the right time Embarassed Laughing Seriously though, they should bring back these old buses, they attract a lot of interest Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love your desaturated shots.
Vintage look Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really lovely buses, how is that the taste for good industrial design regresses while the technology advances?

What will happen to those buses, will they survive or will they be wrecked?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images. I miss the green buses!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series, superb experience to make nice shots

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all, I was caught on the hop with the wrong lenses, but I too like the look of the vintage shots Smile

The buses are all privately owned now, but it is sad that they will be distributed around a number of depots, and not my local one Sad At least they are not being crushed though Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great series. I love #4 most. Mike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desaturated ones are great, my fav is #5.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love them all. They were in service when I was an adult though - LOL. I sed to live near Horsham, so Southdown is well known to me.

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eee Lad!

Most of 'em have registration suffixes so not that old! lol

When I were a lad they didn't have such things, t'wer all RTLs and STLs and that new-fangled Routemaster thingy, besides if they are that old, where's the horse?

Doug

Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures man. I would've had a hell of a time, I simply love old vehicles like this. Smile