Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OK, here are some of my oldies...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: OK, here are some of my oldies... Reply with quote

This is Mallorca in the mid 90s. Ricoh KR-10x and Rikenon 35-70.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Kenya in 1996. Ricoh KR-10x and Rikenon 35-70.

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Ireland also in the mid 90s. Ricoh KR-10x and Rikenon 35-70 (which as you can see was my favourite travel set).

All shots so far on slides (mostly Fujichrome, as far as I remember).

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Hessen, the part of Germany where I live, in about 2004(?).

8. Canon EOS 500 and Sigma 28-105 UC III

9. Canon EOS 500 and Sigma 28-105 UC III

Both on a colour negative film, I guess a cheap Jessops Diamond 200.

10. Zeiss Ikon Voigtländer Vitessa 500AE

Either on AGFApan APX 100 or Kodak BW400CN, can't remember.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon guys! 30 views and no comment? Sad Confused

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kenya picture is impressive, Carsten. What a resolution!! It seems a digital capture.
I also like #2 of Mallorca, but there must be something wrong with the colour dyes there - perhaps turning into B&W?
But my favourites are the Ireland beige beach + green grass castle -now what an unusual combination! - and the last B&W picture from your hometown - strange, we talked about travels today, well your B&W picture of the bench reminds me a lof of Oslo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ireland photo very much, others are not, sorry, others are like many available out there. I don't like B&W as you know , but this last one not bad ..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this series!

very varied, the Kenyan ones take me back especially. The film scans look very good!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten

That's a lot of ground covered. The pics are without exception enjoyable, but I find your latest work much improved. The eye is better as well as the technique and equipment. Thank you for putting so much on display, and I wish I could offer something half as good. I have only really got back into serious taking in the past seven years so I cannot go back very far. Will hunt around some more.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments!

Orio wrote:
I also like #2 of Mallorca, but there must be something wrong with the colour dyes there...

Do you think so because of the cyan water?
Well, believe or not, the water really had this colour! That was one of the reasons why I walked back to the hotel to fetch my cam and shoot this scene. I really can remember this colour, it was amazing!

patrickh wrote:
...but I find your latest work much improved. The eye is better as well as the technique and equipment.

Thanks. That's what I hope. Wouldn't make much sense to keep on shooting if no development was visible. Wink
I hope I still learn a lot...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Do you think so because of the cyan water?
Well, believe or not, the water really had this colour! That was one of the reasons why I walked back to the hotel to fetch my cam and shoot this scene. I really can remember this colour, it was amazing!

Carsten, the whole scene is cyan, not just the water. Lok at the cliffs. And the contrast is exacerbated to the extreme. This speaks to me about poor film quality and/or processing, but of course I may be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cliffs are cyan, right, but I think that is a reflection from the water. Look at the top of the boat or the house in the background, no cyan there.
And at both sides of the cyan water you can see some darker, blue water.

I agree about the contrast. It has been pushed, either in the developing or the scanning process. But then the picture was not exposed correctly (look at the burned sky or the palm trees on the right), perhaps it was necessary.