Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contarex-EOS adapters (for Attila)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Contarex-EOS adapters (for Attila) Reply with quote

Attila you said you know someone who can work on custom adapters... well here's a great opportunity.
I have found that nobody makes adapters for Contarex lenses. Yet, the register distance allows for a Contarex to EOS adapter (46mm vs 44mm).
The Contarex lenses are amongst the most beautiful manual lenses ever produced.
If your friend could make a Contarex to EOS adapter, it would sell well.
I for sure would buy one. My fingers are itching every time I see a Contarex lens on Ebay...

Also think from the promotional side of things, what would mean if MFLenses was the only worldwide distributor of the Contarex-EOS adapter... how much traffic and popularity for your site amongst the MF community.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , but need one lens at least to make the adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be great to have more types of adapters (EXA, Contarex etc.).
But with the Contarex-mount there could be a problem: similar to the old Canon-FD-mount, it mounts the other way round, i.e. these little "wings" that normally are at the lens, here are at the cam. Hmmm... hard to explain, I hope you know what I mean.

Perhaps this little drawing shows what I mean:

"A" is a normal lens mount (Pentax, Nikon, EOS...)

"B" is the inverted lens mount (FD, Contarex)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is no problem I guess, just need to find the right people who able to make it and price not too high due low series.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day,

The discussion above took place quite some time ago, but I could still not find any such adapter out there, be it ebay or discussions on other forums. I know the whole speech about how some elements should be 0mm thick but I do not believe it... I find it a pity for all the good Contarex lenses out there, since conversion of the mount remains the only option...

I tried to push things a little by sending e-mails to the main adapter sellers on ebay, I am not sure however if this will change things.

Or I am wrong and someone found a solution in the meantime?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This man in Italy:
http://www.adrianololli.com
has both the precision factory tools and the experience required to build the adapter.
I don't know how much that will cost though, being quite a custom work (not standard adapter)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aghor wrote:
Good day,

The discussion above took place quite some time ago, but I could still not find any such adapter out there, be it ebay or discussions on other forums. I know the whole speech about how some elements should be 0mm thick but I do not believe it... I find it a pity for all the good Contarex lenses out there, since conversion of the mount remains the only option...

I tried to push things a little by sending e-mails to the main adapter sellers on ebay, I am not sure however if this will change things.

Or I am wrong and someone found a solution in the meantime?

Welcome! Nice to see you here!

Please contact with our member Alex (hk300 his nick) currently he make for us , excellent adapters.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds interesting as a project ... but i am not familiar with Contarex lenses.
Can someone name a few good contarex lenses and how do these compare to let's say M42 lenses of the same manufacturer?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: adapter to EOS Reply with quote

Hello Alex

Have you adapter Contax/Yashicato EOS with chip AF confirm also Minolta Rokkor to EOS AF confirm ?
when yes, how much it the price ?

Regards
Siswono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: adapter to EOS Reply with quote

Siswono wrote:
Hello Alex

Have you adapter Contax/Yashicato EOS with chip AF confirm also Minolta Rokkor to EOS AF confirm ?
when yes, how much it the price ?

Regards
Siswono

I sent you a pm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio/Atilla/hk300,
Do you guys have any update or news about Contarex to EOS adapter?
Cheers,
Zoran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoran wrote:
Orio/Atilla/hk300,
Do you guys have any update or news about Contarex to EOS adapter?
Cheers,
Zoran

Alex (hk300) hopefully able to respond to you soon he made numerous quality adapter to our community.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Z

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally there have been no news since then, right?
Have anybody tested further the compatibility between contarex and EOS?
would be so great ....
Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KIPON will anounce several adapters for contarex lens this month.

www.dl-kipon.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: contarex lens to micro4/3 Reply with quote

KIPON begin to sell Contarex-micro4/3 adapter,

http://www.dl-kipon.com/onews.asp?id=57

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great find!

Kipon adapters are very good quality!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again not Contarex to EOS but Contarex to m4/3 on ebay

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Contarex-EOS adapters (for Attila) Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila you said you know someone who can work on custom adapters... well here's a great opportunity.
I have found that nobody makes adapters for Contarex lenses. Yet, the register distance allows for a Contarex to EOS adapter (46mm vs 44mm).
The Contarex lenses are amongst the most beautiful manual lenses ever produced.
If your friend could make a Contarex to EOS adapter, it would sell well.
I for sure would buy one. My fingers are itching every time I see a Contarex lens on Ebay...

Also think from the promotional side of things, what would mean if MFLenses was the only worldwide distributor of the Contarex-EOS adapter... how much traffic and popularity for your site amongst the MF community.

the contarex lenses are beatiful but:
the planar 2/50 has less contrast than 1.7 and 1.4 but these two have more field curving than Contarex
The Contarex instead is more uniform till the edges and it has more sharpness! see the 40 lp/mm red curve @8 (specially in the borders)!!!
to collect all lenses is not my purpose!

Last edited by metallaro1980 on Sun May 30, 2010 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metallaro,
Marco Cavina did spend a lot of time and efforts on his web site. He made a lot of difficult researches and travels to collect the data. Klaus can confirm that. The material on his website is custom made and copyrighted.
It is not correct that you publish his graphs without giving him credit and without linking back to his original page.
Please do that immediately.

Also, as you notice, I have removed the images from my signature to comply with the new signature rules. Please do the same on your signature.

Orio
Administrator.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Metallaro,
Marco Cavina did spend a lot of time and efforts on his web site. He made a lot of difficult researches and travels to collect the data. Klaus can confirm that. The material on his website is custom made and copyrighted.
It is not correct that you publish his graphs without giving him credit and without linking back to his original page.
Please do that immediately.

Also, as you notice, I have removed the images from my signature to comply with the new signature rules. Please do the same on your signature.

Orio
Administrator.

in fact the tag [img] was linked on his html !!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes