Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei - EOS AF adaptor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Rollei - EOS AF adaptor Reply with quote

I saw some users using Carl Zeiss for Rollei lenses here in this forum.

My main question is if exists some adaptors with AF confirmer chip. I did a search on ebay and I only found one without chip.

(Maybe I'm looking bad...)

Other question is about these lenses quality. It is so different comparing with C/Y ones?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any - the stop-down spring is located right where AF contacts are on the camera. The solution would be manufactuing an adaptor that turns the lens about 45 degrees, but so far I haven't seen any.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool at least for those who wants to use these lenses with a small viewfinder like Canon 400D.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazzaros wrote:
It would be cool at least for those who wants to use these lenses with a small viewfinder like Canon 400D.

But it would become soon obsolete, as all the newer DSLR cameras now have LiveView. So I don't think that adapter producers would consider it now. Two years ago would have been different.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right Orio,

but personally I don't like live view. It's my bad I know...

Maybe when I get 5D Mark II I'll like it hehe Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a 1,7/50 planar and a 2,8/35 distagon in qbm mount and would also be interessted in an adapter with af confirmation to convert it to canon ef!

i think the idea to turn the lens around 45° is a good one. perhaps someone can make some of these adapters. i would definitely buy one!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got Rollei QBM mount lenses and have also never seen an AF-confirm adapter.

Am liking the idea of the 45 degree shuffle though Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main collection was Rollei-QB but there is only one adapter design and that design doesn't allow mounting AFC chip on the adapter. I had a project but couldn't get help from the ones that I trusted. Once we discussed designing a new adapter with Alex but I guess he doesn't feel that there is enough demand to make the investment feasible. So there is no such adapter that allows mounting the chip on the market...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone do that I'll buy it for sure.

Some of these lenses are cheaper than C/Y ones. And for me it would be important.

I think they don't loose to C/Y "sisters" in quality, or am I wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazzaros wrote:
I think they don't loose to C/Y "sisters" in quality, or am I wrong?

They are close. However, at least some of them *are* different designs from their Zeiss counterparts. Here are a few links with optical diagrams for Rollei vs. Zeiss lenses:

Sonnar 135/2.8:
http://www.fuwen.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=46&Itemid=96

Distagon 35/2.8:
http://www.fuwen.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=38&Itemid=88

Sonnar 85/2.8:
http://www.fuwen.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=43&Itemid=93

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been discussing this rotated Rollei adapter with Yalcin (a former Rollei junkie Laughing), but the thing is that I have to make a run of at least 50 pieces.

Prices will be approx EUR28~33 each ... and at this price price i still do not make a lot of profit, and still need to invest a lot of money. I would only consider making these adapters if i have 10+ firm orders.

Therefore, i think it is cheaper to semi-convert the lens using a low-cost Rollei-to EOS mount, and then taking of the release part (which sits in the way of the chip), and then glueing the chip onto the lens.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stay away from Rollei-QBM lenses...
I have infinity problems with shit adapters....
I did not see any good adapters on ebay.
I have:
one Rolleinar 2.8/135mm
one Voigtlander Color-Skoparex AR 2.8/28mm
one Planar "Made by Rollei HFT 1.8/50mm
and I can't use them at infinity with Eos 5D2 !!!

is there a solution?

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use CZ Planar 1.4/50 and CZ Sonnar 2.8/85 with Rollei QBM mount with this adapter and 1DsMkIII without any problem.

Click here to see on Ebay.de

Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
I use CZ Planar 1.4/50 and CZ Sonnar 2.8/85 with Rollei QBM mount with this adapter and 1DsMkIII without any problem.

Click here to see on Ebay.de

Wink

on eos 350d I have no problems...why i have these problems on ff ?

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don´t know - but 1DsMkIII is FF too.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a carl zeiss tele tessar HFT 135 ƒ 4, rollei mount. mounted in canon 40D, and don`t have problem. Don`t have AF comfirm.

The pics taken with this lens are lovely.